Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #517

Custom Custom Custom
Finally had a good airbrush day after a few disasters recently.

This is based in vallejo olive green. Then lower work in gw death guard green and some high lights in gw ogryn camo. Then varnished. Smothered in agrax earth shade. Then hit with low lights in death guard green and then a mix of dg and ogryn on highlights and then a very light top highlight in pure ogryn.
Very pleased with the results.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #523

Custom Custom Custom
Looking really nice! Transitions are smooth, highlighting looks spot on. Will you be edge highlighting as well, or sticking with the airbrush?
Think that once the other colours have been blacked out/blocked in this will look superb πŸ‘Œ

(this will be the month I save for a basic airbrush I hope!)

James #524

Custom Custom Custom
I really wasn't sure actually. I think I'm defo going to stick some agrax earthshade in the holes and recesses very carefully... but I may leave the edge highlighting for now. See how it looks without and then decide!

Thanks dude I'm super excited to get it done. Just have to be super careful not too run other paint over the armour now haha.

Oh man I'm excited for you. Are you just going for the compressor and basic model to start with? Reckon one of those tanks will be a good model to start with! Bigger stuff has been alot more forgiving in my small airbrushing experience.

pawl #529

Custom Custom Custom
Let us know how it goes! Just keep a wet brush nearby to help clean up any mistakes and you should be safe πŸ‘Œ

Yeah, that's the plan. It'll let me play with priming and base coating at least, and a little experience should hopefully help reduce the chances of having issues with a real model! Just have to make sure I have the money first.

Axineton #532

Looking very cool can’t wait to see it finished mate.

James #542

Custom Custom Custom
@pawl same plan as mine... then I just spent loads on it haha. U pulled the trigger yet?
Haha and yes the wet brush on stand by is one of the best tips I've learnt since getting back into the hobby haha
@Axineton Thanks dude! Hoping to try tonight but I did go walk up that mountain in dales today... so will see if I'm awake after family lockdown quiz 🀣

pawl #545

Custom Custom Custom
Not yet, going to see what money is like at the end of the month. Need a booth ideally too (will only be working indoors), so there's extra outlay.
The wet brush is something I've forgotten far too many times, and it's definitely cost me! πŸ˜‚

No excuses! Family and friends are a distant second to painting! 😜

James #551

Custom Custom Custom
I just do mine into a cardboard box basically witj the window open and it seems ok. If I've used alot of varnish or cleaner then the room needs to be shut for a while.
I know the proper booths were pricy!!@@

Haha 100% agree. Sometimes a required trade off to get a full days painting in 🀣

pawl #553

Custom Custom Custom
If it was my place that would probably be my plan, but I think that a booth is probably a better idea in reality πŸ˜‚ for the compressor and booth I'm looking at it'll run me about Β£180-200, so it won't take me too long I don't think πŸ‘Œ

At the minute it's simply not a thing I can do unfortunately. Tonight though I'll be doing a final clean and undercoat on a few pieces, ready for paints arriving in the next couple of days. 😁

Any progress on the Crawler? Would like to play with the Nurgle stuff I have, but I'm not sure I could get the 'dirty' look right. And I would need yet more paint!

James #566

Custom Custom Custom
To be fair the booth is always going to be a good investment. I've ordered a moisture trap which will go underneath the airbrush.. heard it can make a difference and is cheap so thought I may aswell. I'm wondering if moisture coming through the air bit is why I get speckling sometimes. Also going to try get a sonic bath cleaner if I can get one cheap!

No had a rest as I only wana do the crawler when I'm feeling on it. So I did some building πŸ˜€ nice and easy! I'm hoping if I can get my ass into gear then I can do a big chunk tomorrow!

I think it's hard to get the dirty look without just being messy. My dg are defo abit bright and fluffy haha not very grimdark. I may try do a bit of weathering on this since I've got the pigments now. Although... I may have to find a test piece first so I don't screw it up.
Hobby Workshop