Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

Lovecraft0110 #936

Custom Custom
Oh, wow, the Gods have been benevolent indeed! Very cool. If you wanna try weathering on this one, might I suggest you try the chipping fluid method while you're at it? (yes, another thing to buy, but it won't be much!). It will allow you to make realistic, 3d chips that will make that thing look like really blessed by Nurgle

And yes, the Nuln Oil idea is a good one. If you gloss coat it first, it'll work better (not as well as enamels, but pretty well).
Hobby Workshop

pawl #940

Custom Custom Custom
Strangely enough I undercoated and started painting something earlier, only to realise I hadn't spotted an awful mould line that you had also missed @James 😜

I reckon that if you were to go a little bit mad with the weathering powders (all the colours!) it would help blend in the rust around yours. And happy days getting your hands on another!

James #950

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 23 Jun 20, 22:06 Strangely enough I undercoated and started painting something earlier, only to realise I hadn't spotted an awful mould line that you had also missed @James 😜
Hahah what's worse is I have the plastic putty.... I just forget. Get to eager start undercoating something and then bam it's too late.

Ok I have finished! Done and abit more weathering. But haven't tried the awesome things suggested by @Lovecraft0110 . I think I'm gna get what I need on payday and then try it properly (with guidance and I'll actually be patient, promise).

https://www.thewarpstorm.com/post951.html#p951

pawl #954

Custom Custom Custom
This was a mould line and be remains of clipped sprue! 😂 you'll see how it ended up once he's finished.
James liked this
Hobby Workshop