Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For whatever doesn't belong anywhere else.
  • No avatar
No avatar

Pharia #2835

Has anyone here tried to start a crusade game 40k?
Any places to get some ideas or blueprint if you like for ideas to a campaign?
Hobby Workshop
No avatar

Pharia #2899

Okey! Bought a crusade journal and the exp crusade book hoping for some cool missions!
Cant wait to put my captain or chaplain in a redemtor dread :p

James #2902

Custom Custom Custom
Haha can you do that??? I had no idea 😁 is that in the new space marine codex?
No avatar

Pharia #2920

Hmmm thinking on what force I should assemble as my strike force for our campaign. The lore side of me thinks I should make a codex correct (old school type) strike force.
Devastator as heavy assault marine as fast attack primaris options as troops choices and elite choices. I won't bring vanguard vets from the start but I'm thinking on bringing my bladeguards if im able to get them done til next weekend.
I'm thinking as more of my primaris force gets painted and done I could add them to the force that way...
We decided that models need to be painted.

Allso we bought the crusade book from indomitus, if rhe setup and missions are good, then we will just use that as a blueprint for our first crusade. We will see. Im thinking we i will post a battlereport in as a separate topic on the forum if that's okey.

Anyway.
No avatar

Pharia #2921

Sey James yes!!!!!! Its one of the upgrades you can buy for your characters after so many battle wounds or what not!!!!! Its amazing.... im so gonna put my libi or captain or someone in a redemtor dread!!! It gets all the bonuses from the character. So a libvy dread redemtor !!!!! Hahahahahaa will be amazing

@James how do you do the psychic powers and upgrades. We've been talking back and forth on the subject. Atleast on the upgrades and downgrades were thinking on rolling for em unless specified. Though we will be using two dices for the upgrades atleast and picking one. But was wondering on the psychic stuff aswell... that way we have to use stuff we normally wouldn't use because some are just better options than other.....

Were allso not going for a "super elitists army". More in style of the lore army and story.

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [50 PL, 1CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Gametype: Narrative (Non Crusade)

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 100pts]: 3) Mind Raid, 5) Tenebrous Curse

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, 85pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Litany of Hate

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Plasma pistol, Power sword

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 130pts]: Helix gauntlet
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Apothecary [4 PL, 75pts]

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted power sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [6 PL, 125pts]: Jump Pack
. 2x Space Marine: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Combat shield, Plasma pistol, Power sword
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon
. . Plasma Pistol & Chainsword: Plasma pistol
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon
. . Plasma Pistol & Chainsword: Plasma pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 140pts]
. Devastator Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Devastator Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon
. Devastator Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
. Devastator Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Grav-cannon
. Devastator Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

++ Total: [50 PL, 1CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

My crusade force :D they are sent into the pharia nexus but the captain of the 3rd company. Led by the chaplain who has a librarian with him. Theyre order are to search for survivors and help out where possible, and allso to scout for what has happened in the sector, as it has been silenced after the great rift accurd. There has been some wierd information going about metal skeletal monsters rooming about on some of the worlds.

I've bought the crusade xp into the veil;) First game is tomorrow.

Hoping for some cool games :D
No avatar

Pharia #3041

@James
What do you think?

I could swap the bladeguards out for a more codex right unit like eliminators or something....

James #3043

Custom Custom Custom
Sorry dude didnt see this!
Are you not starting at 500 points? Some nice missions there too.
Yeah we do the upgrades the same. Roll two dice and pick one so less chance of something totally poop ha.

I think the bladeguard are fine as you already have primaris stuff in there πŸ‘Œ
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #3046

Idd 500 points. This is my crusade force I can pick from on each mission ;)

Though what do you think about the idea of randomising psychic stuff? I guess you can end up with a useless psyker but will awake you use some other spells than just the best ones :p

James #3049

Custom Custom Custom
I quite like 500 pointers. About all me and my mate can manage sometimes lol. Faster gamers could manage 2x500 point battles in one session which would be cool.

We did random for my psyker upgrade and i didnt get the one i wanted but was still useful.
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop