Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #2591

Custom Custom Custom
These are just yellow, no infections 😂 however that's definitely the way forward!
James liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #2593

Custom Custom Custom
Bit more progress. Mainly in the metals and small details.
I did try follow a tutorial for the eyes but failed massively so had to undo it!!
Tomorrow I need to do some slight work on the flesh before coming in with airbrush to get some nice highlights. Perhaps i should check with my mad dog kenny boucher for some ancient chinese airbrush hacks eh @pawl ?
Im also planning to give the burnt effect to the bone thingys on top that i did to the ogroid. And i may try do something wild and bright transition with the claw things at the front!

James #2596

Custom Custom Custom
Some more details done on the white one.
Still avoiding the eyes.
Ive tried to give a burnt look to the bones but i think the area is too small so i gave up.
Done the meltas not sure about the effect. Will look to touch up with brush.
Ive also done the skin highlights with airbrush. Ill need to do washes and brush highlights next.
Then gloss varnishd the whole thing. And the one i did 1.5 years ago so they are ready for enamels.
DW1986 liked this

James #2600

Custom Custom Custom
Plucked up the courage to do the eyes!!!
Very happy!! Main one is great and im happy with the two kinda looking at each other.
I messed up one on the top. Ive sorted fixed it but its definitely the weakest hence not bothering to picture it!
I've also applied a wash on the flesh. Will need to start purpling it up and can put the silver details in too.
Unsure if the skin looks right on the white armoured one.. 🤔 perhaps the skin and armour is abit too samey?
DW1986 liked this

DW1986 #2609

Custom
These are so good!!! Do you have names for the 3 of them? 😁

James #2610

Custom Custom Custom
Haha nope, feel free to suggest them 🤣
In crusade one was called "the animus" 😂

James #2614

Custom Custom Custom
Strong flesh game this evening!!!
And one more eye done
Not as good as the others but itll do.

Silver's to get nuln oild tomorrow. I need to do some wee boil details on the armour.... not sure what to do with them currently. Then we'll be ready for the enamels.

pawl #2627

Custom Custom Custom
I'm loving the eyes, and your flesh-work is definitely improving! Might I suggest a touch of blue wash over the veins in the skin? And make sure the eyeballs get a coat of gloss when you're finished! 😁

James #2637

Custom Custom Custom
Good idea!!! One to try tomorrow 😁
Need to do the patina effect and then i think i can finally get on with the enamels. Bases have turned up too. So i can crack on with them soon!
pawl liked this

James #2678

Custom Custom Custom
Have done the blue tinge to the veins. Think it looks good. Done detail on the little pustules on the armour. And done the patina affect on all 3 since i didnt do it on the olde one a year ago.
And enamels are now in!
Will get to work on the enamels in about 2 to 3 hours once they've begun to cure 👌🏻
Edit:
Worked at the enamels with thinner. Looking good. Will decide whether to do a 2nd layer tomorrow.
Hobby Workshop