Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2561

Custom Custom Custom
Started these guys before the 9th codex was dropped as I foolishly thought they were going to be good in the new book... however that's not looking the case now.
But i planned to have the squad of 3 (one of which was done eavy metal style over a year ago) anyway.
One has been converted with holes in the armour and maggots and extra eyes and is going death guard green. The other is being kept OG but will be going white. Both have been primed then undercoated dark brown and orange rust respectively. Then chipping fluid applied. Then top coat of green and white. Chipping done. Then i have used gw washes through the airbrush to try and force some shadows in the parts of the vehicle armour that may get less light. Overdone it a few places but like the effect.
This evening ive started blocking in Balthazar gold carefully which has been painfully slow!!
Next step will be the fleshy parts and bones.
Hobby Workshop

James #2573

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to get an hour in this eve to do the bone parts of top and all the flesh into bugmans glow.
I need to try and pin these suckers. Blue tack on the tracks aint efficient when trying to get underneath them!
Not sure whats next at this stage.... airbrush will be used for the flesh at some point soon.

DW1986 #2574

Custom
Looking good mate! I've got one of these to start at some point... really wish I hadn't glued it down!!!

James #2575

Custom Custom Custom
Slow going atm! But getting there... so much annoying detail on these things 🤣
I was thinking these are abit useless at a 140 points.. but ive just noticed the multi melta is now 2 shots and more damage. So whereas we did have two one shot weapons at 4+ we now have 3 shots at a 3+ with extra damage. And now it has one extra wound. Also the stratagem for reducing shots against them is powerful so maybe running two will be quite effective. Shame as i planned to run the 3 (including one i painted ages ago).

DW1986 #2576

Custom
Yeh given that our access to multi melta is limited, I'll take the points increase on the chin for the extra shots, damage and accuracy hahaha
James liked this

James #2577

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to get abit further. Metallics all based. Maggots and fleshy conversions close to done. Unsure on eye colour tho.

pawl #2584

Custom Custom Custom
Looking forward to seeing these post-enamels (second application 😜). The maggot/tentacle/eyework blends in nicely too with a bit of paint on them!

James #2586

Custom Custom Custom
Any suggestions for the eye colours? The main eye on all my guys are humanoid eyes.. but wasn't sure about all red.
Yeah happy with them overall so far, may need abit of work too bruise up edges of the flesh patches.
Edit: managed to get a wee bit of hobby time in so started blocking last bits of colour in for mouth and rockets. I think white regular human eyes is gna look best.

pawl #2589

Custom Custom Custom
Google 'jaundice eyes', that's my answer 😁

James #2590

Custom Custom Custom
Haha i think you made me look last time.. with the gooey bits coming out 🤢 could be a good uv resin application tho 🤣
Hobby Workshop