Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #1557

Custom Custom Custom
Huge difference, and definitely an improvement!
Think that Enrique was probably right though in that the varnish will have been the biggest factor in your washing.
I know you've still got a little work to do but you could seal this now and I'd say it looked good!
Hobby Workshop

James #1559

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah it's not far from being done!! Which is a little unnerving as I've done virtually no edge highlighting haha
Ok thinking about the base...
Very rough ideas... but thinking low bricks stuck into green stuff kinda badly with the chicken wire which will be broken up as if the contemptor has gone through it. With some bricks scattered. I'll be using vallejo Brown earth on the base which I can try and do footprints (done similar before). I want the pipe to be in to...just trying to think of a way. I might have it diagonal going into the ground behind the fence as if it's been smashed through by the dread.. and is now leaking water or whatever. I really want some water effects in here.
Yep I'm liking this now.
And tada
Just gotta hope the milliput sets ok.. it's abit old knackered. Once it's set I can build the wall up abit.
Just corrected the wall abit. Looks better straighter I think than curved.

pawl #1560

Custom Custom Custom
I like where this is going!
Would the dread be able to fit through the gap? Think once the wall itself is built up a little (and the ground is textured, obviously) this will be spot on.

Do you plan to sink the dreads foot into the ground at all? Was trying to work out how you could do it the other day.

James #1564

Custom Custom Custom
Haha probably not.. but I think I'll have to be a bit out of scale because otherwise it wouldn't fit on the base. I'll probably hack at the fence a bit.
Here's what I've done previously with the mud/earth effect.
Not sure about sinking in... be worried about losing the model into the mud if you get me so not sure about that.

pawl #1569

Custom Custom Custom
I've seen the track-work, but I just figured that having something as heavy as a dreadnought casually skipping over the surface of the mud might look a little odd! 😂

(also, 0% spirits?! 😜)

James #1570

Custom Custom Custom
Yes you are correct lol. Ok we can look at sinking it in. I just don't wana ruin the poor dreads feet lol.

Haha the fake spirits were 1.99 each cos they go off next month!! Not too bad actually. The rum one is pretty good! Altho I wouldn't see the point in buying it at fullprice.

pawl #1572

Custom Custom Custom
Perhaps masking tape tight around the foot while you do the mud, so that once it's set you can just lift the foot back out? I'm not really sure, not something I've tried to do before!

I'm almost willing to let you off then. Almost!
Call yourself a Space Wolf player...

James #1574

Custom Custom Custom
Good idea!!! It can be the first use for it too Hahah.

Ok I'll go get some mead Not that far from lindisfarne atm 🤣🤣🤣

pawl #1576

Custom Custom Custom
I don't know if it would end up getting stuck, so maybe a test first? 😂 as an alternative you could maybe build a replica foot, and use that to make an imprint as the texture dries?

James #1577

Custom Custom Custom
They're quite slow drying so I think you'd be ok to rip it out after an hourish or probably less really just want it for when it's being applied so it doesn't creep up the model too much!

Yeah I'm thinking I mite draw around the foot and do it on card lol 😂 primary school style
Hobby Workshop