Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

Axineton #448

Been assembling and painting this bugger this week. Just waiting on some rust stuff from AK then I’ll be able to get on and do the body. Used greenstuff world colour shift paint for the carapace stuff.

And here is where I’m at tonight. I’ve never been that great with the airbrush but the plasma effect I’ve done here I’m really proud of. Needs tidying up but I’m happy so far.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #450

Custom Custom Custom
I know they're not new anymore, but I've always had a soft spot for metallic paint jobs! How do you find the colourshift? I would love to have a use for it, might have to try an Alpha Legion Kill Team or something!
And plasma is a pain even without glow effects, I think you're right to be pleased!

Any plans for basing? Seen a few urban knights recently with scaled scenery that looked fantastic.

Axineton #451

I think they’re fantastic paints. I bought the whole set just in case 😂 As for the base I’ve not even thought that far ahead yet but I’m leaning on having some mechanicus junk on the floor and hopefully the knight towering over it.

pawl #454

Custom Custom Custom
I have to try and avoid their website because my wallet just wouldn't be able to keep up with me! 😂
Do you have regular opponents? I've been toying with ideas for (smaller scale) bases involving magnetised corpses that could be swapped out for each game.

James #457

Custom Custom Custom
Oh wow. Love the knight!! Great job. Makes me more tempted to get the colourshift stuff too!

Axineton #476

Yeah have a club I go to but with the lockdown it’s all on hold until further notice.

The colourshift paints are brilliant I definitely want to use them all at one point. Think drukhari would look good with them too.
pawl liked this

James #479

Custom Custom Custom
I've seen a few people use them on plagueburst crawlers to good effect too! Have you used a blend of two on it?

Axineton #484

No just the one paint mate. Think I’m going to run this one as a dreadblade and the others I have I’ll make a house up and use the relevant rules.

pawl #486

Custom Custom Custom
Drukhari would definitely work well with a shifting paint scheme! But then your Harlequins could too, I think.

Axineton #533

Started adding rust pigment to the metal inside the other day and still at this stage.

Just waiting on some testors dullcote so I can lock it all in.
Hobby Workshop