Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #534

Custom Custom Custom
Looking awesome! The coppery colour works really well with the purple/green, too ๐Ÿ‘Œ
If you're adding rust does that mean you'll also be adding battle damage, oil streaks or other realism effects? It's something that I've never tried on vehicles before, but would like to teach myself.
Hobby Workshop

Axineton #535

Not sure Iโ€™m that technically gifted to add all that ๐Ÿ˜‚ this is a learning curve as it is so Iโ€™ll probably just leave it as this I reckon.

pawl #539

Custom Custom Custom
For things like oil most of the videos I've seen use oil paints and thinners over a layer of varnish, which I can't say I've any expereince with, but I know that Vallejo (and possibly GSW?) have a line of weathering-effect paints.

Actual battle damage/chipping would in theory be a little easier, although I really don't know how you would do a line highlight on metallic two-tone. Plain silver maybe?

Either way it's coming along nicely, think it'll look fantastic when you're finished ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Axineton liked this

James #543

Custom Custom Custom
@Axineton is this with weathering pigments dude? I've got some recently so keep us posted on how u go. How many layers are you gna do?
Looks good so far. Nasty knight ๐Ÿ˜€
Axineton liked this

Axineton #548

JamesH wrote: โ†‘29 May 20, 18:33 @Axineton is this with weathering pigments dude? I've got some recently so keep us posted on how u go. How many layers are you gna do?
Looks good so far. Nasty knight ๐Ÿ˜€
Yeah weathering pigments mate. Rust effect. Canโ€™t believe how easy they are to use and probably just the one I reckon. Iโ€™m thinking of using typhus corrosion as well then going back over that with the pigment to see if I can get a chipped rust effect to make it look more realistic.

James #550

Custom Custom Custom
Sounds great!! Looking forward to seeing it! I've got them for some death guard contemptors!
Axineton liked this
Hobby Workshop