Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Rules, announcements & legal bits.

pawl #4734

Custom Custom Custom
The eagle-eyed among you may have already spotted it, but this announcement is about a change to the affiliated hobby store advertising that we use on The Warp Storm.

For some time now we have been partnered with Element Games, and while we will continue to have an affiliate link available for them (see the list of our affiliates here) we have switched our advertising focus to the folks at Hobby Workshop. This is not intended as a slight towards Element Games at all - I have personally found their service in the past to be very good - but is instead a shift that focusses on highlighting value for money to our users. Put simply: Hobby Workshop offer better prices!

So if you fancy saving yourself 22% off RRP on Games Workshop products (25% off pre-orders!) and similar savings on other ranges, go and check out our new friends by clicking HERE. You still save money compared to buying direct, and TWS gets a little kickback to help with hosting and ammunition bills! 🙂
James, Cswitheyjr, MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop

Cswitheyjr #4735

Custom Custom
Will yall entertain the idea of trying to affiliate with a stateside business in the future?

pawl #4736

Custom Custom Custom
Cswitheyjr wrote: 02 Apr 22, 08:51 Will yall entertain the idea of trying to affiliate with a stateside business in the future?
This is something I have been trying to look into for a while now. Unfortunately those few stores I have come across that offer an affiliate scheme do so in a way that's not currently compatible with our setup.

Essentially TWS isn't registered as a business in the UK - we're not money-making (nor intended to be) so there's no need. I pay the costs of building and hosting the site, and if the affiliate links generate anything then I get to put that back into the pot for future hosting costs.
The schemes I have found in the US all seem to operate on a model that requires the sending of business details, VAT details etc before anything can be agreed, which is obviously a little excessive for the site's current size. It's a hassle (and a cost) that I'm simply not willing to go through currently - I don't need to do a tax return for the £40 that's been generated towards costs 😅

If however I can find a (competitively priced) store that offers the simpler "we'll just PayPal you every so often" approach then I would be interested in looking into it. 🙂

Cswitheyjr #4737

Custom Custom
I wonder if any of the more local stores would go for something like that, like Gamescape or Prodigy Games (both in Florida).

pawl #4738

Custom Custom Custom
Cswitheyjr wrote: 03 Apr 22, 00:14 I wonder if any of the more local stores would go for something like that, like Gamescape or Prodigy Games (both in Florida).
A quick look at their websites is showing that the former doesn't offer a discount against RRP, and the latter has a massive discount but almost no models in stock! Neither mentions an affiliate scheme though. If it's something you come across please feel free to send me a PM. =]
Hobby Workshop