Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For whatever doesn't belong anywhere else.
  • No avatar
No avatar

Pharia #3089

James wrote: 20 Feb 21, 23:03 Good point. @Pharia what are you likely to be playing against?
Necrons. Mostly infantry models, but some of those arnolds are really tough to take out. High T on many models. Ive decided for the suppressors as those will give a nice addition to the assault intercessors, assault squad and more melee units later in the crusade. Allso having fast moving units is something a mostly primaris heavy force are lacking without vehicles;) they can be somewhat hard to shift with smokescreen and transhuman. Though they lack the extra w that inceptors have aswell as the extra t.... but anyways I welcome Squad Estavo, led by Estavo Keskyl. :D

@Badger_of_doom idd the anti tank dilemma is there to be sure. Why the devistator squad is in the list, but with only 500 points i didnt equip more than a single lascannon in the unit.... allso necron vehicles are rather disgusting when you use AT weapons eg. D6d or more weapons. Since many of those models have a special rule that says if they roll under your dmg roll the damage goes away :p so Plasma and autocannons are better in a way than big guns since they can completely wiff in a couple of rounds if you roll High dmg rolls:S dont know yet what he will bring as a start force. Only thing weve decided is that we are not taking really high tier units from the start. Ifx wep upgrades are completely allowed for those units. Why I removed the bladeguards

@James @Badger_of_doom yes the feeling of having finished models on the table is a lot more satisfying than having unpainted models. Allmost done with the last bladeguard atm. Wonsering if I should start with the outriders or the melta super unit (eradicators) :p
Hobby Workshop

James #3093

Custom Custom Custom
Haha arnolds 😂 not heard that nickname before!

I think, unfortunately for me, eradicators are almost a must take in marine lists. They are probably the strongest units you can field. So strong i banned @Badger_of_doom from using them in 500 point battles. N.b. this was before death guard got their codex and when eradicators only cost 30points per model for insane damage/range haxor suck units 🤣🤣🤣
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #3094

Ye they seem well crazy. What they point at they nuke :p

That double tap rule omg! Maybe a bit strong!!! :p
James liked this
No avatar

Pharia #3386

Right so for our 4th game i fielded

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [25 PL, 3CP, 480pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Hungry for Battle, Raven Guard Successor, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, 85pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, Benediction of Fury, Litany of Hate, Swift and Deadly, Warlord

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 200pts]
. 9x Assault Intercessor: 9x Astartes Chainsword, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Plasma pistol, Power sword

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 110pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted power sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Neo-volkite pistol

Judiciar [5 PL, 85pts]

++ Total: [25 PL, 3CP, 480pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Now bladeguards are blooded with the veteran thingy rhat you pay req points for and they got immune to morale :S and assault intercessors are blooded and have ws 2+ :D.

Necrons deployed with warriors this time. A cryptec who buffs wraiths. 3 wraiths. A spider and 2 3model units of scarabs...

SM won without loosing a single unit!
That judicar and chaplain combo... if your good woth theyre placement then its really scary to try and engage them in melee becouse of judicars tempormortis debuff.... and they hit so hard. Chaplain with mantra of strength with relic wep hits for 4dmg a pop :S so they destroyed everything... allso getting 41 attacks on the charge with exploding 6 from those assault intercessors was amazing!!!!! Had to think about placement though but still. A really good game from my part. I tabbled the necron player by turn 4;) we both had fun though as he managed to complete hes agenda wich gave him a relic on hes cryptek and a bunch of xp ;) was a bit sad i didnt get to fight against hes immortals but meh. :p
Hobby Workshop