Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.
  • No avatar

James #2659

Custom Custom Custom
Pawl and I have been nattering on about storage solutions for paints for a while now.
This is my current pile!
Does my head in. I can spend a good 5 to 10 minutes to find a paint sometimes.
So I've been meaning to pick up some sort of nice stackable solution where i can keep my paints without having to dig around to find them!
Ta da. The range!
https://www.therange.co.uk/arts-and-cra ... ox/#164394
Ive ordered 3. Should be enough. Can't wait ๐Ÿ˜
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #2690

Custom Custom Custom
Yes ive heard them mentioned. Ive got a mdf set up similar to that for my airbrush set up. But i tend to do my regular old painting in the kitchen so being able to pack and pick it all up and being safe from kittie cats is imperative ๐Ÿคฃ

pawl #2707

Custom Custom Custom
Had to check that Vallejo size bottles would fit, and aside from Metal Color and similar you're fine ๐Ÿ˜‚

If I had a permanent setup then I would be looking at something like this - scroll down to the father nifty paint drawer things. Nail polish racks would work just as well but I want a 'proper' setup one day!
Unfortunately however I don't have a permanent space anymore, so I make do. Previously my paints were everywhere. The bottom drawer of a bedside table, an old shortbread tin, in a box under a bedroom table... It wasn't exactly organised!
A while back I purchased a two cases similar to these off eBay - cheap and cheerful, but they do the job. I had to cut a mesh pocket out of the inside, and also discovered that two rows have slightly larger/smaller holes (too loose and too tight, respectively), but in future I would simply make sure that all the holes were uniform. When I next open the wardrobe I'll get a photo for you.

Citadel paints I will eventually transfer into dropper bottles, but for now they're still in the bottom drawer with all the other oversized bottles (VMetalC, thinners, enamels, pigments etc) ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, if I may...

James #2718

Custom Custom Custom
Haha "bucket o paints". My current solution is so similar haha.
I just needed something stackable, about a4 size with 10cm depth. So im hoping it should be great.
The one you linked looks fantastic!!
Pharia liked this

Axineton #2725

Iโ€™m currently storing all mine in an indomitus box ๐Ÿคฃ
Pharia, James, pawl liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2726

Ye all mine are in a cardboard box aswell... I try once a week to sort em....... and after 2 days its back to chaos haha

pawl #2729

Custom Custom Custom
How do you try to organise them?
I used to try and keep stuff that I was always using together, but I soon found that it ended up just being all the collection ๐Ÿ˜‚
I've tried to organise the cases by colour, but even that's a pain. Dark to light? Cool. Is flesh its own colour, or is it a shade of brown? Is a blue-green its own colour? If so how blue or green does it have to be to count? ๐Ÿ˜‚

James #2864

Custom Custom Custom
Not organised the paints but..... im already so happy to say goodbye to bucket of paints!!!!
This is truly going to save me time faffing around for paints! And as a bonus is cat proof.

pawl #2871

Custom Custom Custom
A definite improvement mate! ๐Ÿ˜
Hobby Workshop