Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2615

Custom Custom Custom
Decided i wanted a proper model for a standard bearer since the sigil option looks like a must take for plague marines but also couldnt be bothered to pay for one.
This is the first proper kitbash ive done really beyond swopping arms.
Ive used what easybuild plague marines I've had bits for and managed to get it to work.
Main body and shoulders and banner arm from etb champion. Bolter from etb marine. Chest and head from a dark imperium pm. Banner pole from 2nd edition sm banner pole. Sigil from plaguebearers set.
Had to cut half the torso from the champion. And replace with DI marine chest and head.
Used shoulders from champ. Banner arm is standard. For the bolter arm I've had to cut and modify at elbow and wrist. Banner was easier.
Am quite chuffed
pawl liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2628

Custom Custom Custom
Top work for a first kit bash! 👌
If I might make two suggestions? There's the remains of a tentacle on the Bolter still - would it be worth either removing or extending it perhaps? And the only thing that I think feels off about the model is the banner pole - with it being so short it almost looks more like a flail than banner! Perhaps extending it would make it more obvious what it is?

James #2636

Custom Custom Custom
Yes dont worry I've not forgotten about bit! Im thinking about trying to do a multistrand bit and wrap around arm and join in the under the arm pit.
Standard yep agree it's not regular size lol. I could try to extend it abit but i dont have any if the right bits really and other consideration is stability etc.. this would (covid willing) be travelling around and spreading nurgles love.. so id worry making it much longer would be risky.
Edit: caved into your ocd @pawl
And yes i know its not perfectly straight but itll do 😂😉

pawl #2645

Custom Custom Custom
Any pins for stability? 😜
Banners need to be seen, can't just carry it in your hand. You know it was the right thing to do 😁

James #2646

Custom Custom Custom
Haha nah stability smability 😂
Maybe more of a symbol of decay hehe. Altho sigil does just refer to a symbol so could even just be on his backpack really.
And ive just done the tentacle. Abit thicker thab i envisioned but im happywith it.
Pharia liked this

pawl #2651

Custom Custom Custom
Much better. 😁
James liked this

James #2818

Custom Custom Custom
Ok so I'm gna use this guy for the blackshields contest for the race for terra!
So he needs to be black which won't really fit my scheme but what the hell.
So my thinking is this guy was green and then the armour has been covered in black but then hes got twisted by nurgle in da warp and is starting to phase in and out hence the shifter paints!
Ill be using masking fluid for the first time instead of chipping fluid as it can alter the look of the undercoat paint.
Pharia liked this

pawl #2826

Custom Custom Custom
Heretic Blackshields?! Not something you see very often!
Pharia liked this

James #2829

Custom Custom Custom
No lol it's probably going to look silly but oh well 🤣

James #2873

Custom Custom Custom
So tried the liquid mask chipping method.
Im actually kinda happy with it. Far from perfect but kinda got what i was wanting from it, which big ish chunks of shifter paint showing from underneath..
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop