Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #1614

Custom Custom Custom
I'm sure you'll be fine - there's plenty of Plaguebearers to keep you sharp 😂

That's kind of my plan anyway, once I have the money. In order to make it work though, I would need space (still an issue!) and a booth. Once work is back in full swing and I have some money spare I'll start looking at my options. A cheap airbrush, like those that come free with compressors, would actually do me for what I want right now.
Hobby Workshop

James #1618

Custom Custom Custom
Have so much plastic now I have stuff to keep me practising for the next 5 year's probably.

Which one are you eyeing up? The as186 is pretty good. Some dumb things to it but no real complaints from me.

pawl #1625

Custom Custom Custom
Doesn't everyone? 😂

This is the one I last looked at, although it's gone up in price a little. Been a while since I looked, not sure if AS ans FD are the same thing or not.

Lovecraft0110 #1631

Custom Custom
Hey James,

I have an idea. How about a pool of toxic sludge for the base of the next one? I did a half-decent one on my first attempt a few months ago, made it for my mate's Dark Angels box Dread.

You would need some uv resin (and uv torch) from Green Stuff World. It's really fun to use.
pawl liked this

James #1632

Custom Custom Custom
This is the one I last looked at, although it's gone up in price a little. Been a while since I looked, not sure if AS ans FD are the same thing or not.
[/quote]
Looks the same to me 😊 I think that'll definitely do what you need and then you can upgrade the brush when you need to!

@Lovecraft0110 I love water effects. So it's definitely an option 😁😁 I'm looking at doing a large ish order from gsw so I may get this too haha
pawl liked this

James #1634

Custom Custom Custom
Painted bricks grey. Fence silver and pipe silver. Then washes it all with nuln oil. Then chestnut wash. (Old skool). Then drybrush bricks. Then I've put some green stuff splodges at the back to make a good purchase for the contemptor.
Washed the mud.
Then created the scaffold for the burst water pipe.. and then covered it in the vallejo transparent water. Hopefully dry tomorow for next coat. I'm also going to try find a super fine short hair... when I do the last coat.. stick it into the extreme parts.. Then when dry I can try to finely apply tiny droplets of the water effect and it will be like water droplets. (In theory) darkened the last pic so you can see the water gunk abit better.

pawl #1637

Custom Custom Custom
Use your own hair? 😂
You're within spitting distance of being done mate! Quite excited to see how it all looks together.
(Always nice to see old school pots getting opened too!)

James #1640

Custom Custom Custom
Haha usually willingly discarded cat hairs of which there are plenty.
So I decided the burst effect looked naff. Ripped it off. Repainted the tip of the pipe. Then reused the water effect stuff that had already cured... to kinda make a splurgey toxic stream shape. Then covered it in nurgles rot. Then washes with agrax earth shade as it was too bright.. didn't fit the rest of the model. Then started adding slightly more with the actual water stuff again.. which I think has worked really nicely.
Just to decide if I want to try and free hand the name or not!! Scared of ruining it haha. Names I like are rask and vorx. Looking at lexicanum death guard for 4 character names.

pawl #1643

Custom Custom Custom
That looks miles better! I liked the idea of a pipe that had just burst, but the clean/dirty effect is definitely better. Is there any puddling? Difficult to see on the photo.

For freehand I've no idea. Think I once saw a guide in an old WD that suggested marking it in with a pencil first, but I could be making that up!

James #1645

Custom Custom Custom
The original plan was just too big and too clear it didn't look right and it was interfering with the contemptor. Which I've also decided to turn around. Plan was to having it walking through but again it just looked wrong. Looks better with him approaching the fence.
Abit of pooling but it flows in between the bricks and then streams off a little.
I think the pencil idea is a good one. So you know where the brush needs to go 😂
Hobby Workshop