Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Peruse the loremasters' repository.

James #528

Custom Custom Custom
Enjoy. I remember outcast dead being good which is after. But my memory is shocking and can't really remember anything except I think it was good.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #531

Custom Custom Custom
I'm like that - know which ones I struggled with or enjoyed, and the main storyline, but everything else is a bit vague πŸ˜‚

pawl #729

Custom Custom Custom
Starting Outcast Dead this evening πŸ‘Œ

James #1276

Custom Custom Custom
Finished Old Earth last night. I'd say overall quite enjoyable but fairly unmemorable. About vulkan who I don't find that exciting really. But glad I've actually finished a book as I've barely read much for a couple of years really. Onto "Burden of loyalty" now. Which is short stories... so I may skip it if I get bored.

pawl #1277

Custom Custom Custom
Forgot to mention that I finished Outcast Dead (and thoroughly enjoyed it), and I'm about half way through Deliverance Lost. Never really paid the Raven Guard much attention, but I'm actually enjoying the espionage plotline as much as the Corax-based one.
Going to read up until The Primarchs compilation and then take a little break for something not involving boltguns, I think.

Do you reckon you'll actually be able to get fully caught up?

James #1280

Custom Custom Custom
Nice! Glad you enjoyed it. Do thunder warriors make a brief appearance in that one?

I just read the synopsis for deliverance lost and j actually vaguely remember that. I think it's pretty good. The bit on isstvan 5 is pretty cool and some cool stuff on terra coming up.

Caught up. I doubt it. The reason I'm not reading as much is due to me wanting to use more of my time for painting. I've also found the further on the series goes the weaker it gets really. But may be that's because I'm struggling to remember who is who etc because I've had big breaks in reading ones. Also I've heard that the stuff with the battle for terra so far has been abit meh. But I'll keep going for now.

Edit; just looked through the list and there are some good ones later on. I remember master of mankind being pretty good. I think Pharos too. Just to name a few.

pawl #1284

Custom Custom Custom
Yes indeed, got to meet Arik Taranis and Ghota 😁

Already reached (and left) Terra, just got back to Deliverance. Corax is helping to figure things out when I put it down πŸ‘Œ

At the minute I don't have much choice (still decorating!), so I'm plodding along when I can. Even if I could paint I'm happy enough sat with a book, so I'll get there eventually anyway. Shame to hear that some of them are on the weaker side, but I think that's bound to happen. With the number of different authors you're going to find some you just don't get on with, and sometimes the 'boring' bits need telling (Battle for the Abyss!). Everyone raves about MoM though!

James #1288

Custom Custom Custom
Haha the whole thunder warriors stuff is really good.

Maybe I'm misremembering as when I looked through the list I do remember alot being good actually.. But yes the whole battle for the abyss stuff was naff.. I feel like I slept through the whole of it. The imperium secundus stuff coming up is better though. Unremembered empire!

pawl #1289

Custom Custom Custom
So I've heard - one of the downsides to reading in publication order is that I can't choose who to focus on πŸ˜‚

Abyss was just dull I found, but I've no doubt it was necessary in the grand scheme of things. Ben Counter just drew the short straw!

James #1728

Custom Custom Custom
Any futher?
I decided not bother with short stories as wasnt any characters that id heard much about or could remember so im on the space wolf one. Wyrdsbane or something. Good so far.
People keep talking about saturnine though... saying how immense it is. Think it reveals some big stuff about the big E. Like is saturnine his real name... etc. Almost tempted to jump ahead.
Hobby Workshop