Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #929

Custom Custom Custom
The old 'battle damage' marine - he's an absolute mess now! 😂
Hobby Workshop

James #933

Custom Custom Custom
Haha show us your shame 🤣🤣

I've only tried using a sponge thing once and worked quite well but was on a blade so was able to be quite effective and not messy any other areas up!

pawl #942

Custom Custom Custom
He'll have to wait I'm afraid 😂

I'll get some more practise in at some point, it's cool. Might be something as silly as the wrong kind of sponge!

James #943

Custom Custom Custom
I used the sponge from warhammer blister packs and it worked great!

pawl #945

Custom Custom Custom
I was using the same - ancient one from an eBay job lot! Think perhaps the paint was too thick.

I'll have another go tomorrow if I can paint, just need to rebase one of my testers.

James #949

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI got distracted by painting assistant number #2.
Fortunately he did not get into the pack of weathering!
pawl liked this

pawl #978

Custom Custom Custom
The last couple of days have basically been a write-off - it's that hot even into the early hours of the morning that doing anything other than trying not to die of dehydration is just too much effort!
Tonight however I managed to get an hour in, and started laying down purple on a handful of scouts. I've also been trying to decide how much I'm willing to spend on another order of stuff (I still have two waiting for stock!) - I've got a handful of pigments for various uses, and I'm trying to work out which of the Vallejo Metal Color range are worth trying out. Finding solid examples is surprisingly difficult however.

Most importantly - tomorrow I think I'm going to be able to get to my stash of stuff! Lots to organise, some stuff to get rid of (old paint, basically), plenty of possibilities! 😁

James #981

Custom Custom Custom
Mate I totally feel you. It's been roasting here. Couldn't contemplate any painting right now. So well done you managed an hour!!!
It's cooler outside in the evening might have to have a paint session under the stars.
I'm hoping it's going to be cooler tomorrow so I can actually consider starting to airbrush the pox walkers.. just unsure about scheme. Seen a nice fleshy pox tutorial... But my other poxxies are similar... But I've seen others where they are like crazy greens.. debating about doing something abit different. Maybe try zenithal highlight and then just layers of citadel green glaze (can't remember the name of it)
pawl liked this

pawl #985

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI got my stash!!
Ended up binning loads (must have been at least 30 dead paints, many of which aren't made any more) that was no use to anyone, but salvaged this...
Lots of organising to do!

Also saw my old WD collection, but sadly I can't take that with me yet.
(excuse the mess!)

James #989

Custom Custom Custom
Excited to see what's in there! What's the high lights?
Wow you got alot of white dwarf 😂😂 I never really got more than a few but not sure why!
Hobby Workshop