Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #987

Custom Custom Custom
Haha not if that guy enters something like that again 🤣🤣
Hobby Workshop

Lovecraft0110 #1248

Custom Custom
Hey @James,

I just looked at that DG Crawler again, and it is really, really good. You are clearly better at airbrush blending than me, and it's literally flawless as far as I can see. Why don't you varnish it and then weather it? As you can see in my last videos, it is totally fine to weather models that have been finished. Heck, my bombard even had the finish varnish when I started with the oilbrushers and the shaders...

James #1258

Custom Custom Custom
Hey @Lovecraft0110 , why the hell not!
I'm awaiting the Matt varnish arriving.
Do you think the track or dark wash would work best with this? Or the oilbrush or the streaking effect rust 😂
And your too kind. This is still one of my first minis by airbrush and it's all kinda luck so far and chance. I think on your vids your using a smaller airbrush needle? What size is it? I'm using a 0.2 I think. It's good but I don't feel like I have a huge amount of control.. it's forgiving in vehicles but for normal size models I feel like I'm just hitting and hoping really! Whereas in your videos it seems like the your actually doing what you mean to set out rather than luck like I'm getting at the moment.

Lovecraft0110 #1260

Custom Custom
Well, you certainly have a LOT of options now, wouldn't you say? :smile:

I think track wash for the tracks, then a combination of the other products for the rest. Actually, your tank is like the freaking ideal scenario for weathering. First of all, the scheme lends itself very well to weathering; and secondly, you are not constrained at all by any fluff-related limits on what would be appropriate - you can literally do whatever you want with it.

As for airbrushing, you are too modest. I can see from the pics that you are clearly better at it than me. I am using a 0.5 mm needle, though, which is like a fire hose compared to yours. For varnishing and enamels, I have a 0.7 actually. So if you're not getting too many clogs, keep doing what you're doing!
pawl liked this

James #1270

Custom Custom Custom
Haha yes you are totally right.. alot of death guard stuff is really begging for the weathering treatment.

I'm still awaiting my Matt varnish to turn up! But then we'll hit it with the track wash. Maybe some of the streaking rust too. As that's really what I was hoping to achieve with the pigments.
If your ever bored I'd love to see another pigment tutorial 😁 as I reallt struggled to get any effect I completely liked on the tank with the pigments.

Haha have to say you handle the "fire hose" magnificently!! You get some very accurate detail for such a big brush it's impressive!! Don't get too much clogging so far except with whites and bloody greys.
Hobby Workshop