Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #865

Custom Custom Custom
Came across this video recently from The Race For Terra, found it rather interesting.

I've realised lately that I'm not actually the biggest fan of the heavily edge-highlighted style of painting usually found in 40k (and especially from the 'Eavy Metal team), and that I really don't like painting it! Looking around I've found a few armies (both 30 and 40k) that take a shaded-over-highlighted style and it seems to work much better.

Thought I'd share it here and see what you think. @James in particular, after you asked in your Crawler thread.

Edit; @Lovecraft0110 (the author) has actually just joined us, say hi! 😁
Hobby Workshop

James #874

Custom Custom Custom
Hi @Lovecraft0110 ! Look forward to watching the vid 😀
Just watched it. Great vid. Love those tanks. Super impressed with the ones you did. I assumed they were by Phil. I'm about to embark on my first attempt at weathering... is there any good guides you'd recommend I have 3 vallejo rust and brown pigments.

Lovecraft0110 #897

Custom Custom
Hi everyone!

I don't even have a picture yet, will have to rectify that tomorrow!

I'm happy you guys liked the video.

@James: Thank you for your kind words, sir. Vallejo pigments are very good. I would recommend a couple of enamel washes (from Ammo of Mig, for instance) to go with that. I have quite a few weathering tutorials in my nascent channel that might be of interest. I am not a great painter by any means - weathering is basically the only thing I'm good at.

James #904

Custom Custom Custom
@Lovecraft0110 I've just finished the regular painting of the tank now. So I'll watch some of your weathering vids before I give it a crack at some point tomorrow!

And if weathering is all your good at.. that tank you did proves that's all you need to be good at 😂
Hobby Workshop