Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
WW2, D&D, Airfix, whatever floats your (model) boat!

Axineton #884

It could be scaled up but then you run the risk of having an enormous board for playing on. They recommend in the book for between 20mm up to 1/72 scale cars. I think matchbox and hot wheels are 1/64 scale so that’s perfect for me but nothing stopping you with warhammer sized vehicles. I’m not sure what scale warhammer is?
Hobby Workshop

pawl #886

Custom Custom Custom
40k is described as "28mm heroic" scale, meaning that heads, weapons etc don't have to be in proportion. It basically means that cool is acceptable over 'correct'. Typically don't actually stick to their own scaling, with all manner of internal discrepancies.
Either way, depending on who you ask that gives you a comparative scale between 1/56 and 1/60

No idea if it would work (or, as you say, board requirements), it was just a thought. =]

You'll have to give us a write-up if/when you play!
Axineton liked this

Axineton #887

Will do mate. I’ll take plenty of pics too. Probably be a while yet though.
James, pawl liked this

pawl #893

Custom Custom Custom
Lockdown is a pain!
Axineton liked this

James #956

Custom Custom Custom
@Axineton
Does it say much about the cars in the book in terms of like mods and stuff? Thinking about getting some matchbox cars but wondering if I'd need to do anything apart from repaint them?

Axineton #958

Here’s everything it says about toy cars:

James #959

Custom Custom Custom
Awesome. Thanks bud!

Axineton #1215

Started stripping a couple of cars the other night and bought myself a Dremel too. Using Nitromors to strip the paint off them.
Here’s a few pics. Nothing great just practice stuff at the moment

And here’s one I stripped and have primed and basecoated with colourshift paint. This is as far as I’ve got. Not had any time to do more.

James #1219

Custom Custom Custom
Awesome mate. I found a toy car the Mrs bought for the cats and snapped it incase I decide to do this. Wasn't sure about just airbrushing over the top of the whatever paint is on it tho?
Also I noticed on battlescribe they have a gaslands bit. So imagine you can list build your car on there.
Have you digested the rules?

Axineton #1240

There’s pros and cons to painting over the paint on toy cars. Pro - quick and easy. Con - lose details. But lots of people do so why not.

I haven’t looked at the rules and I must admit when it comes to rule books I’m the worst for letting my friends read them and me just going along with whatever they say 😂 it’s cos I have to use massive rule books at work with my job so I can’t be arsed with game rulebooks if I can get away with it 😂
Hobby Workshop