Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
WW2, D&D, Airfix, whatever floats your (model) boat!

Axineton #864

Anyone heard of this? Came across it yesterday and bought the rulebook and wow I’m hooked! It’s basically mad max with hot wheels and matchbox cars that you paint and add bits to to make them look post apocalyptic. There’s a whole bunch of tutorials etc online but yeah I’ve found another game to play and it’s as cheap as chips.

https://gaslands.com/
Hobby Workshop

pawl #868

Custom Custom Custom
That actually looks really cool! @Stephen, I don't suppose you still have your matchbox collection?! 😁
Axineton liked this

Axineton #869

It’s well cool mate. I can’t wait to get stuck in

James #870

Custom Custom Custom
I've seen people building and using ork truks and stuff for this. Looks awesome!

pawl #871

Custom Custom Custom
James wrote: 20 Jun 20, 21:43 I've seen people building and using ork truks and stuff for this. Looks awesome!
I reckon this could definitely be scaled up for a 40k destruction derby style game! Orks would probably be doing it for fun anyway!

James #872

Custom Custom Custom
@Axineton What are the rules like?

Axineton #876

Not started reading the book yet but it’s quite a hefty tome at over 150 pages.

James #877

Custom Custom Custom
Ouch. Was hoping itd be quite easy to learn and play. Is alot of it fluff or not? I was surprised when I got the 8th edition 40k book and the first half was all fluff. In fact only about 8 pages of actual rules. Rest was scenarios lol

Axineton #879

I’ve just checked and the book is 192 pages with 4 pages of fluff 😂 and the rest is rules and templates. 😳

pawl #883

Custom Custom Custom
Axineton wrote: 21 Jun 20, 14:09 I’ve just checked and the book is 192 pages with 4 pages of fluff 😂 and the rest is rules and templates. 😳
At £14, and with no requirement to buy models (aside from maybe a cheap eBay haul of matchbox cars) I think that's pretty good!
If I ever actually played with people then I would have one on the way already 😂

I'm genuinely interested to know if it could be scaled up though...
Hobby Workshop