Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
If you've written or recorded something to help your fellow hobbyists share it with us here.

pawl #654

Custom Custom Custom
It pains me that you're still using nail varnish remover! πŸ˜‚ surprised it's not damaged the tub though! And the metal is slowly coming up nicely, although I imagine there's a lot of scrubbing involved, given what it's soaked in?

Oh mate! πŸ˜‚ the cat will be alright so long as it didn't eat any - the stuff evaporates really quickly and doesn't leave any residue. The patio you will just have to scrub - I told you to cover your surfaces 😜
Hobby Workshop

James #660

Custom Custom Custom
Haha seems to be evaporating faster than eating through the tub so far. Tbf I've left it out there for a week and it's been fine. I'm thinking 3rd scrub and it'll be done lol. And then I don't have any metal ones to do lol. I just have to find something sharp to get it out the wings.

Haha yeah she's fine I think. I was just aware she smelled abit so was like right let's douse her off fully incase she tries to clean herself!
Haha I'm terrible for skim reading the less exciting bits 🀣🀣 more a trial and error sort of guy!!

pawl #664

Custom Custom Custom
If it's not sealed it will, but you shouldn't lose much while it's just sat. I'm actually surprised by how clean it looks though - mine was black in minutes! And a wooden or plastic toothpick should do the job for you.

Didn't think I would have to write "animals and chemicals don't mix" in the guide πŸ˜‚
There was even a photo! 😜

James #667

Custom Custom Custom
The iso was filthy! I've had to dispose of that! But yeah the acetone is doing fine so far. It's fairly well sealed in a trusty take away container lol.

Haha it wasn't deliberate. We have house cats and I let them out in the garden she tried to do a runner... so had to just grab her without getting my gloves off. Last time she ended up on top of neighbours chimney.. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

pawl #671

Custom Custom Custom
Huh. Mine's had metal and plastoc in it, dozens of models, and it's still fairly clear. It's not even really taken on any colour! Either way while it's still cleaning them don't worry about replacing it - one of the things that will go in the FAQ when I get round to it.

Probably the better of the two eventualities then πŸ˜‚

James #675

Custom Custom Custom
Sounds good. I wonder if it's something to do with the airbrush paint breaking down differently cos it's so thin? I've stripped the gangers now and the pot was dark reddy brown... don't think it was particularly coloured when I did the 30k guys.

Haha yeah she seems fine now so worked ok in the end and the patio is passable πŸ˜‚

pawl #683

Custom Custom Custom
It certainly could be - I can't say I've tested separate batches to see how different paints/thicknesses react. Like I say though, so long as it will still clean I wouldn't worry too much! I'm still on my first batch, and aside from a little sediment it's working as good as new.

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

James #684

Custom Custom Custom
Lol mine was completely purple not just sediment. The last few minis may need to be done again I think as they've got some bits on them!
I wonder if it's because the paint is pretty fresh? Only done a couple of weeks ago..

pawl #689

Custom Custom Custom
If there's little bits left you probably won't even need to soak them. Fill your container over them and just take them straight out to clean. πŸ‘Œ

Literally everything seems to affect how well they clean - undercoat (or lack of) brand, thickness and method of application, number of paint layers, thickness of paint layers, brand of paints, application methods, varnishes... Sometimes you just have to keep going and wait for the results!
James liked this
Hobby Workshop