Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #582

Custom Custom Custom
I need to get started on one first! πŸ˜‚
James liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #593

Custom Custom Custom
Last one for a while, because this cost a bit!

The assembled speeder, bikes and Helion blister I don't have any plans for, leaving me with another classic Ravenwing land speeder (not sure if I'll keep that yet), some unassembled bikes (quad test?) and a classic whirlwind πŸ‘Œ
The Marines I'm not sure yet, might see if @Stephen fancies them for stripping.

James #598

Custom Custom Custom
Nice bundle!! How many bikes you got now?
Sneaky tau in there too hah. Good buy!

pawl #607

Custom Custom Custom
Assuming there's three full sprues I'll have those, the three from you, and the attack bike on the way that I'll be turning into a quad. 😁
He'll also be disappearing - no interest there for me!

James #620

Custom Custom Custom
Haha poor little tau. I do quite like tau... I mean I like all the armies to be fair. Not too fussed about sister's of battle altho the new engines and stuff are cool af.

My eBay stuff turned up today.
Got these for about 11. Thick paint tho so will need stripping. But anything with a sniper rifle is cool!
More possessed for the bomb. Needed abit of sprue fixing and filing but pretty good.
And the custodes are unfortunately kitbashes. But they are pretty cool. I think there's some high elf bits and sanguinary guard and some stormcast stuff on them. But they'll work as counts as Saggitarum guard custodes without costing 50 quid from forgeworld

pawl #622

Custom Custom Custom
I have some old Fire Warrior and Kroot sprues somewhere that might still have bits on, but I always hated painting Tau. Not sure why, just never got on with them.
Trying to be good now though - got my eye on some tanks (in case they stay stupidly cheap), but I need to stop spending so much! πŸ˜‚

Ew, plastic scouts 😜 for kitbashes the Custodes aren't bad, should be able to get away with them I think πŸ‘Œ

James #624

Custom Custom Custom
I think tau look like they could become very dull for painting. Abit like normal space marines too.. as much I do really like them.. squad painting marines can be hard work.

Haha poor scouts. I like em. I really don't like the weight of the metal stuff now.. especially as I plan to use stuff for gaming... I just imagine the metal minis being like a wrecking ball in my cases smashing everything else up in to bits haha and then chipping their own paintwork.

pawl #628

Custom Custom Custom
I think that's pretty much true of anything with detail though πŸ˜‚ part of the reason I've always been so slow, too.

I just think the plastic ones are ugly! The old sculpts can be more difficult to paint because they're not quite so 'clean', but what the plastics gain in casting quality I think they lose in character.

Also, here's a kind-of group shot. Four tanks (two turrets soaking in acetone elsewhere), the second classic RW speeder and some other stuff. Fifth (and currently final) tank is in the post. Plenty of work that needs doing between them!

James #642

Custom Custom Custom
The plastic ones are abit generic admittedly! I loved the original metal scouts. I think they were possibly my favourite models back in the day.

That vindicator is looking awesome. Really jealous about that. Might look to get one for my death guard. Although I'm probably going to avoid buying much apart from custodes for the time being until new stuff is revealed.

pawl #648

Custom Custom Custom
They were one of the first things I started looking for when I started buying. Still a couple to add to the collection, but I have plenty to be getting on with!

It needs some minor work, but it'll come good. With the old rhino chassis loads of people put them together wrong and end up with a gap at the back. If you look here at the back photo there's a bar at the top - they're using that to cover the gap on the Vindicator.
Won't be able to get the chassis apart without damage, so I'll just remove that bar, and find something that looks a little better.

And it would make sense for CSM to field a Heresy-era chassis... you know what to do 😜
Hobby Workshop