Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For anything else unrelated to the hobby.
  • No avatar

pawl #4162

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: ↑26 Jan 22, 17:54 Thanks Karak Norn Clansman! I tried to 'like' your post, but for some reason the forum is behaving oddly for me...
Unfortunately there seems to be some escaped Gretchin running around causing mischief below decks. I've sent a search team out, but they haven't yet managed to catch them all...
Hobby Workshop

Stephen #4343

pawl wrote: ↑20 Jan 21, 13:49 Oh wow, this is really cool! It brings back memories of being a young kid, and my Grandad's 'workshop' (his garage, with various pieces of equipment and machinery, and loads of little projects). Somewhere at my mum's I should still have the tank (with movable turret) and plane that he made for me, will have to have a look for them next time I see her. At various points there were also guns (including an Astartes Bolter that I might still have) and other little pieces, and when I was a little older we designed and built a catapult that could fire fruit the length of their garden! πŸ˜‚
Might actually send him a link to this =] (hi Drad! πŸ‘‹)

Also, I love how your Christmas presents go from 'cat' and 'christmas tree' to 'heretic skull'! πŸ˜‚
My sentiments exactly. Kids don't need high tech gadgets to have fun, just some old fence posts roughly cut up to look like a plane or a tank. Short of that just run around the garden with the little'uns in a wheelbarrow and occasionally dump them out :laughing:
pawl, MedMos liked this
No avatar

MedMos #4344

Custom Custom
I sometimes hang a ring from a ring tossing game in a tree, then give the kids a long stick and practice jousting from the wheelbarrow. :smile: Gotta teach the basics, if they decide to become knights!

Stephen #4345

MedMos wrote: ↑06 Feb 22, 15:26 I sometimes hang a ring from a ring tossing game in a tree, then give the kids a long stick and practice jousting from the wheelbarrow. :smile: Gotta teach the basics, if they decide to become knights!
Do you allow tutelage to children aged 26? I want to be a Knight when I grow up!

That sounds like cracking fun!

pawl #4351

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: ↑06 Feb 22, 15:26 I sometimes hang a ring from a ring tossing game in a tree, then give the kids a long stick and practice jousting from the wheelbarrow. :smile: Gotta teach the basics, if they decide to become knights!
This is fantastic! 😁 Wheelbarrows are definitely better employed as horses, fighter planes and magic carpets!

James #4366

Custom Custom Custom
Isnt this how Lionel El Jonson got started on caliban πŸ˜‚
pawl, MedMos, Karak Norn Clansman and 1 others liked this
No avatar

MedMos #4374

Custom Custom
James wrote: ↑07 Feb 22, 10:13 Isnt this how Lionel El Jonson got started on caliban πŸ˜‚
I don't know, but now I definitely want to keep training knightly sports! :grinning:
And wheelbarrows are great fun, the little one always wants a ride, no matter how much firewood I've stacked up.
James liked this

Stephen #4397

James wrote: ↑07 Feb 22, 10:13 Isnt this how Lionel El Jonson got started on caliban πŸ˜‚
You said it, you make it!

James #4408

Custom Custom Custom
Oh god. I think we'll need more than a month for this challenge πŸ˜‚
Altho does make me think of the doug the flatulent mini from moonstone for some reason...

Karak Norn Clansman #4901

Paint Your Tools

Being something of a handyman that people often turn to for help with simple manual labour, you could confidently classify me as a tool user. A colleague would rather have it as a slave, which is reasonable since I mostly work for free, all things considered. My hands will be active at tools, writing on keyboard or turning pages in a book most of my waking time.

Why not bring some joyful colour into the toolkit you're going to use so much?

Even if your life will be filled with mass produced factory wares, you can still put a personal touch on some long-lasting things in your surroundings, as our ancestors have done since time immemorial. Crafting patterns and ornamenting things has a therapeutic quality to it, for good reason. Minimalist modern man is a pauper in regard to decorating his own stuff, compared to his forebears, though there are still places where people dare to pimp their rides, as evidenced by South Asian jingle trucks and Japanese dekotora trucks.

The idea to paint tool shafts was born after viewing through AMELIANVS' late antique and medieval Roman artworks. This artist brings a great deal of lively period detail into garb and gear. Striped spear shafts appear on the famous mosaic of emperor Justinian, and provides a simple idea for upgrading the looks of common tools.

The means were provided after I was gifted left-over facade paints of various kinds, which were put to use first on homemade lightsabers and wooden toy weapons, and then on the tool shafts. Plastic and metal shafts have been spray painted.The recent set of tools painted this week were given a matt varnish spray as an experiment in endurance.

Yes, paint will fade, wear out, flake off and get dirty when you use the tools. That's part of the charm and lifecycle. Viking runestones and classical Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Assyrian statues were also painted, yet all that remains now is the carved stone, seemingly eternal. As grey as an unpainted miniature collection.

I can recommend painting your tools in your favourite colour and colour combinations. I painted those I am going to use red and blue, the colours of Karak Norn, which are my Warhammer army colours and incidentally also the Carolean regimental colours of my landscape province.

MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop