Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Hiisssssss...

Axineton #2502

So back around October I purchased a 95% painted Genestealer Cult army. I’ve not had a chance to test it out yet and I’ve not started on the painting that needs doing either.

I’m going with a Homebrew cult and the name is taken from a Peter F. Hamilton book.

Here’s what I have:

I’ve also picked up the Kelermorph, Sanctus and 3 ridgerunners but they’re still boxed up at the moment.
Hobby Workshop

James #2512

Custom Custom Custom
They look superb. Very nicely painted. Its definitely a faction i love the look of!!!

How do they look for 9th? Good or bad?
Axineton liked this

pawl #2519

Custom Custom Custom
I've always quite liked the GSC aesthetic, the blend of human and alien just works!

What are your plans for painting?
Axineton liked this

Axineton #2521

Not sure how they look in 9th yet as I’ve literally had them in storage since I bought them I’ll probably wait till the codex arrives to see how they roll.

Well there’s not much painting to do on the main army just a bit here and there. The ridgerunners are gonna be grey I think to go with the theme.
James, pawl liked this

Axineton #4435

Starting a crusade on Tuesday night against the emperors golden boys with my GSC. Playing a 50 Power Level game and here’s my list which I’m still tinkering with so this might not be final.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [50 PL, 951pts, 5CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Cult Creed: The Hivecult

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Open

+ Stratagems +

Gene-sire's Gifts [-1CP]: Extra Relic

+ HQ +

Patriarch [7 PL, 150pts]: Power: Mass Hypnosis, Power: Mental Onslaught, Power: Might From Beyond, Power: Synaptic Blast, Psychic Familiar, Relic: The Crouchling, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Alien Majesty

Primus [4 PL, 80pts]: Relic: Sword of the Void's Eye

+ Troops +

Acolyte Hybrids [11 PL, 184pts]
. 8x Acolyte Hybrid (Hand Flamer): 8x Blasting Charges, 8x Cult Claws and Knife, 8x Frag Grenades, 8x Hand Flamer
. Acolyte Hybrid (Heavy Weapon): Heavy Rock Cutter
. Acolyte Leader: Cult Claws and Knife, Hand Flamer

Acolyte Hybrids [3 PL, 60pts]
. 4x Acolyte Hybrid (Hand Flamer): 4x Blasting Charges, 4x Cult Claws and Knife, 4x Frag Grenades, 4x Hand Flamer
. Acolyte Leader: Cult Claws and Knife, Hand Flamer

Neophyte Hybrids [8 PL, 140pts]
. 18x Neophyte Hybrid: 18x Autogun, 18x Autopistol, 18x Blasting Charges, 18x Frag Grenades
. Neophyte Hybrid (Icon): Autogun, Cult Icon
. Neophyte Leader: Autogun, Autopistol

+ Elites +

Purestrain Genestealers [8 PL, 150pts]: Proficient Planning: They Came From Below
. 10x Purestrain Genestealer: 10x Cult Claws and Talons

+ Fast Attack +

Atalan Jackals [4 PL, 92pts]
. 3x Atalan Jackal (Small Arms): 3x Atalan Small Arms, 3x Blasting Charges
. Atalan Leader: Grenade Launcher
. Atalan Wolfquad (Laser): Mining Laser

+ Dedicated Transport +

Goliath Truck [5 PL, 95pts]: Cache of Demolition Charges

++ Total: [50 PL, 951pts, 5CP] ++

Created with BattleScribe

pawl #4453

Custom Custom Custom
Looks like this could be @the_real_iron_hand's area of expertise? 😁

the_real_iron_hand #4458

Custom Custom
I've never played 40k despite owning thousands of points worth of armies 🤣🤣 don't even know the rules!

Axineton #4467

Well I managed to kill a measly three custodes on my opponents team 🤣 but I did nearly kill his warlord on turn 1. Got his warlord down from 8 wounds down to 3 with five purestrain genestealers. If I’d had the whole squad of 10 I’d of killed him I reckon. I got my ass kicked lol but I don’t mind as I just wanna learn the rules so it’s all good.

pawl #4488

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: 15 Feb 22, 23:16 I've never played 40k despite owning thousands of points worth of armies 🤣🤣 don't even know the rules!
I'm kinda the same, haven't read a rulebook in nearly 20 years 😂

Axineton wrote: 16 Feb 22, 17:02 Well I managed to kill a measly three custodes on my opponents team 🤣 but I did nearly kill his warlord on turn 1. Got his warlord down from 8 wounds down to 3 with five purestrain genestealers. If I’d had the whole squad of 10 I’d of killed him I reckon. I got my ass kicked lol but I don’t mind as I just wanna learn the rules so it’s all good.
How do you take 50 models and only manage to kill 3?! 😂
Any photos of your absolute battering?

Axineton #4501

Because my mate is so competitive and custodes armour is so tough it’s like shooting armour with a spud gun 🤣🤣
Hobby Workshop