Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #268

Custom Custom Custom
I can't get to my copy at the moment but I recently managed to find this photo from an old White Dwarf (235, July '99)

It's a conversion in a store manager's army, and something I've wanted to recreate since I was nine years old! I reckon that now (or in the vaguely near future) is the time to make it happen!

It looks to me like a standard bike, four attack bike wheel arches, one old-school plastic terminator body (maybe a second one at the back?) and a second foot plate at the rear. All pieces that I should be able to get my hands on I think. If I struggle with the Terminator body I could either replace it with something similar, or get one and try to cast it?

Either way I fully intend to get at least one of these built. Possibly using the stuff I got from you @JamesH if I can make it work 😁
Hobby Workshop

James #281

Custom Custom Custom
Would love to see this mate!! Ace model!

pawl #435

Custom Custom Custom
Started buying bits last night. Attack bike wheel covers are a nightmare to find! Two things left though and I'm good 👌
James liked this

pawl #464

Custom Custom Custom
And another little update - everything should now be on the way (!!!) after a little Element order that unfortunately won't ship until the 1st or 2nd due to them waiting on stock.
The only thing that I don't have a 'clean' piece for is the Terminator body. For the time being though I have one that I can strip paint from, cut up and rework. If I wanted to make more I could just find another old Terminator and cast the part once I was finished with it.

I can now finally make a quadbike in time for the Primaris line to get monstrous new bikes! 🙈😂

pawl #845

Custom Custom Custom
Started attacking a throwaway eBay bike tonight.
Very messy (all clippers, no knives), and it's starting to show that this won't be as simple as cutting and attaching. Likely going to be plasticard, and maybe piping or green stuff. Also need to figure out how to do the exhaust, but that's not a major concern. How to attach the rear wheels and make them look believable is also an issue.

Still, I'll carry on playing whenever I'm bored. 👌

James #846

Custom Custom Custom
Excited to see where this goes dude!!
Have you done much with plasticard?

pawl #851

Custom Custom Custom
I'm already worried 😂 fortunately I have a couple of space bikes to mutilate still.
In short, no! Aside from recent basing I've basically never used it. How's this for an opportunity to make a mess of things learn?!

Also, melta gun barrels will work for exhausts. 👌

pawl #937

Custom Custom Custom
Had another quick play today.

It turns out that the quad in my first post isn't using the wheel guards from an attack bike! All you need is the hub cap things - the rest is just parts from two regular bikes! 🙈

James #941

Custom Custom Custom
Haha liking where this is going so far tho!!! 👏

pawl #946

Custom Custom Custom
I already know that it's going to drive me mad! 😂
James liked this
Hobby Workshop