Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #367

Custom Custom Custom
Ouch!
Hoping I can get some time in tonight to either paint or strip, see how things go.

😂 can you not get a guide online?

All things I'll learn in time I'm sure!

Isn't all of painting? I've never been a fan of the guides that say things like "3:1 paint:water", because I just don't find that work for me. I know roughly the consistency that I like, but not the formula for it! The air ranges should be good to go straight through though, no?

Worth the learning curve in the long run though I think!
Hobby Workshop

James #375

Custom Custom Custom
Haha it's just a dodge airbrush that came with the compressor... barely any guides for the compressor let alone the airbrush. Not a big issue if it's trashed.

The air ranges are ready to go but if you wana do detail work you need to drop the psi and then to keep it working you generally need to thin it more and more. Also if your trying to glaze it you want it thinner.
U manage to get any done?
I've applied two wash mixes to the shoulders tonight. Hopefully airbrush again tomorrow to finish them with the airbrush and can move on to actually painting them.. but I'm scared haha. Hoping I don't ruin them. When I paint I prefer to block colour everything and then do the details not a fan of almost completing a section and then needing to start blocking colours in.

pawl #378

Custom Custom Custom
Think I've seen the one you mean on Amazon - fairly certain I've looked at the same compressor you have! Figured I could use it to learn the basics before I started playing with expensive toys!

Ahh I see! I've never read much beyond "point it at the model", because until I actually own one the details are irrelevant.

Typically real-world stuff came first, so what I did instead was take what free time I had to finish up some of the writing for the stripping guide. All it needs now is the example pictures, and maybe one or two minor text changes to reflect the results in the photos. Aside from actually proving it works it should be finished though 👌

I know that feeling! It's my one concern about buying an airbrush, because I'm quite a messy painter!

James #381

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah it'll be the same one. Its a sound compressor but virtually no instructions. Had to find online about how to change psi haha.

I think it's fine to have a play around with but I only did one session before upgrading because you can just tell you can't really control the amount your pushing the trigger or pulling back.

One other thing.. I'm finding it hard to point it. Because you kinda hold it like a pen the angle is abit weird. I've heard some people are able to get gun triggers... may be something I'll look at if I still feel it would be better in a year or two. Already sunk enough money into the airbrush.

Looking forward to seeing the tutorial!!!

I'm messy too mate. Tend to block in and then tidy after haha

pawl #402

Custom Custom Custom
I think they're a generic build with a million different logos on the front, but if it works it works!

Ahh, I see! I'm waiting until I can afford both before I buy anything anyway, figure I might as well just spend it all at once.

That was something that concerned me too. Maybe it's just a thing you get a feel for after a while, but I'm still convinced I'll need a laser sight 😂

James #403

Custom Custom Custom
I think it's definitely not worth doing unless your going to get a good airbrush sooner or later. Unless the plan is just for priming. But id probs defo say use the naff one first just so you get the idea a little before potentially knacking your expensive one.

You know what that's a good idea... could you mount a mini laser on the top!??!

pawl #405

Custom Custom Custom
Think I've said that I'm looking at an H&S Evo AL Plus - the 2-in-1 (0.2 & 0.4) is about two hundred quid, so not a cheap investment! That's the plan though - learn the basics on the throwaway and then play for real with the Evo.

Oh Christ! 🙈😂 laser pen and blue tack?!

James #422

Custom Custom Custom
I think I saw someone selling the same compressor as mine with that 2 in 1 airbrush for 200 altogether. Which is pretty good.. but I think for the price you'd want some warranties!

pawl #425

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah, definitely something I'll be buying new! 😂
James liked this
Hobby Workshop