Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!
  • No avatar

Stephen #3923

I am some very old dreads in my small collection bought for me as part of some starter kit back in the day, and one thing I particularly enjoyed was the fact that the arms were those push on kind. It made interchanging for different battles/needs on the fly very very handy, whilst not looking quite as good.

Fast forward to today and I'm looking at a Redemptor Dread on its sprue and wondering if there is any way I can retain this ability to chop and change at will, at ease. I myself am very much out of practise and have been for years, and this Primaris box is me trying to break back in to modelling. So as the title suggests, suggestions please :grimacing:
Hobby Workshop

James #3925

Custom Custom Custom
I am dreadnought 😂🤔

This guide looks decent. https://m.imgur.com/r/Warhammer40k/IAYiP
I would say, as I've done this for the contemptor, although it's very satisfying... If its going to be a big barrier for stopping you from just getting on with the painting... Then maybe just choose your favourite Arms and stick.
Unless you plan on entering tournies you never really 'need' to switch weapons and majority of people you'll play with are happy to play as the whatever load out you say it is.
But magnetizing is cool 👍

the_real_iron_hand #3933

Custom Custom
That's a good link, thanks ^^ I am pondering getting the FW Contemptor, and maybe another Redemptor. I have a boxnaught and am fond of the push on/pull off arms. I could use a push on arm myself 🤣🤣

James #3937

Custom Custom Custom
The contemptors are great. If you can fork out for then or find one second hand it's well worth it.
Here's my completed one. Got another waiting painting too, I'll get around to some day.
https://www.thewarpstorm.com/death-guar ... -t212.html
You can never have enough dreadnoughts or push fit arms right 😂👍
No avatar

Knoffles #3958

I’m also a huge fan of dreads, especially boxonoughts and it’s rare I don’t have at least 4 in my lists. I can’t offer advice on Redemptors having push fit arms most of the conversion guides seemed to look to magnetise the weapon connections.

RZA #4131

Custom
If my Dreds are push arms I would still glue them one as I doubt I will ever change the weapons. I am building a Furiouso and a Death Company with a Librarian Dred on the way.
Hobby Workshop