Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

Glorfindle #4000

To Quote Dr Nick: "Hi Everybody!"

I've just been brought over to here by pawl via the DRPA. So I am going to have a look around and see what this is like and hopefully this is a bit less toxic than some sites ive been members off over the years.

A bit about me, I started collecting minis when i was 8, I'm now 43, I've always been a fan of GW but i also collect other ranges too. I could probably open a shop with the contents of my pile of shame.

Not sure what else to put really, so if you want to ask anything, let me know :)
Hobby Workshop

James #4004

Custom Custom Custom
Hey @Glorfindle !

Welcome in. As far as I'm aware the only toxicity is from the death guard we keep painting 😎

Would love to see some pictures of your hobby store 🀣
What armies are you mainly collecting?
Always curious about other game systems too πŸ‘Œ
MedMos liked this

Glorfindle #4008

Hi James, this has been an interesting afternoon on here, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. As you stated, I've not seen anything toxic other than Grandpa nurgle's followers.

I will try and get some pictures of the piles of shames posted up for you later. with regards to what i am collecting, I have been a fan of the space wolves for decades now, so i have a lot of those both painted (poorly) and in the grey pile. I also have an old school imperial guard army, no idea on what point value they would be now, but in 5th they would be about 2.5k, and two war hound titans (one completed, one part) to bulk them out when needed. I also have Khorne and Nurgle armies (which i often would combine into one larger force), angels of absolution, legion of the damned, orks, and some smurfs in my collection and a couple of squads of Eldar back in the day, but traded them for a new crusader landraider when it was originally released :laughing: . I also have a lot of LOTR in my collection, myself and a couple of friends used to play big battles at forgeworld with them before they released the rules for it when it was still a skirmish game. Had the dev team come down and take an interest in it one time, and then about 6 months later out came the rules. I recently subbed to Mortal Relms as I thought it would be a good re-introduction to the AOS as i previously had two large bretonian and high elf forces back in the day for WHFB, but i lost them a while back. I think they managed to move into the tip pile when we moved house :cry:

Other games, i really like the Walking Dead All Out War game by Mantic, and I have been caught in the trap that is Kickstarter where i have invested in a lot of different games that no one at all will play with me, so they just sit boxed up over a couple of shelves. Its a bit sad really. I keep telling myself I am just going to sit and paint and not buy anything else, but then life gets in the way of the painting and i'm a plastic junkie so i keep buys deals when I see them. I think i need help :laughing:
James liked this

pawl #4011

Custom Custom Custom
Glorfindle wrote: ↑05 Jan 22, 16:59 life gets in the way of the painting and i'm a plastic junkie so i keep buys deals when I see them. I think i need help :laughing:
You don't need help, you just need junkie companionship πŸ˜‰

Also hi! πŸ‘‹
Glorfindle liked this

James #4015

Custom Custom Custom
OK so in a nutshell, we should expect of lot of pics of exciting and different projects πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Feel free to spam the forums 😁

And as Pawl says.. Your with friends now. We can all enable each other into buying more unnecessary plastic crack πŸ˜‰
Glorfindle, RZA liked this
No avatar

MedMos #4019

Custom Custom
Hi, Dr Glorfindle! Welcome from another new guy. Hobby time is ever at a premium, but lucky for me I don't really have a lot of disposable income... So yay me, I guess! :grinning:
Glorfindle liked this

RZA #4107

Custom
I feel you Medmos. I work during the week. So most times I am too tired to work on my models. But I don’t have tk worry about not affording them. I just wish there was more people in my Area that plays 40k and would like to sit and chat as a group and or play together.
Hobby Workshop