Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
  • No avatar

the_real_iron_hand #3919

Custom Custom
Hi folks 🙂

Here are some of the space marines I've painted over the last 18 months or so. I did these while learning to paint wronghanded and aside from a few things I'm pleased with how they turned out. Starting with the Iron Hands:

Knoffles liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #3926

Custom Custom Custom
Lovely work. My faves would be the bladeguard for sure 👏👏

Altho I didn't spot the first post! Eliminators are great 👍

the_real_iron_hand #3928

Custom Custom
Thanks! I do love the Bladeguard. I've got the multi pose ones on my to do list for my Iron Hands :)

pawl #3936

Custom Custom Custom
You're doing freehand and edge highlighting with your off-hand, you've got nothing to worry about! 😉
How long did it take you to get to this level? I can't imagine your first attempts were particularly easy!

Also, with @Stephen starting a DA force, @slybobs7 having a DA collection (plus Militarum) and me still working out the lore behind my DA successors I think the 1st Legion are rather well represented 😁
No avatar

Knoffles #3960

Your wrong hand is a league above my right hand 😁. Great stuff, looking forward to seeing more.

the_real_iron_hand #3962

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 01 Jan 22, 14:09 You're doing freehand and edge highlighting with your off-hand, you've got nothing to worry about! 😉
How long did it take you to get to this level? I can't imagine your first attempts were particularly easy!

Also, with @Stephen starting a DA force, @slybobs7 having a DA collection (plus Militarum) and me still working out the lore behind my DA successors I think the 1st Legion are rather well represented 😁
It took about a year to get the hang of it although I'm still working on things like depth perception - I don't have the hand-eye coordination to tell where the brush tip is just through how it feels.

The first mini I tried painting with my wrong hand was Nigel the Ultramarine and I was so disheartened by how bad it was that I never even finished assembling him. I called my GotC Venerable Dreadnought Nigel in his honour :)

You can see the two of them side by side here on Instagram :)

pawl #3967

Custom Custom Custom
Is that something that you ever expect to develop further? I would imagine it's something like learning for the first time when you're a child, only much later in life.

I mean I've certainly seen worse first efforts! 😅 might have to try a wrong-hand mini in the future, just to see how difficult it is!

More importantly though, what one-handed Astartes are next? 😉

the_real_iron_hand #3973

Custom Custom
I expect I'll get better with practice and the inevitable plateaus, just need to get the hpurs in.

I already picked the chapter of elective amputees, I guess I could do Imperial Fists, I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they have a pain glove that aspirants have to put on and endure, although I bet they don't have to wear it for life 😬🤔

pawl #3975

Custom Custom Custom
Given your progress so far I have complete faith 😉

They do, though in this case the 'glove' is in fact a bodyglove, rather than just a hand-glove. They use it for educational and meditational purposes, punishment and torture.
the_real_iron_hand liked this
Hobby Workshop