Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
WW2, D&D, Airfix, whatever floats your (model) boat!
  • No avatar
No avatar

ldubya344 #3630

Hi Guys,

Totally off topic and one of the first times I've actually veered off from GW stuff, but I fancied a break, as I wasn't enjoying the hobby as much as I would have liked to.

So I decided to do a little research into different game systems, and with being very torn, between Star Wars Legion and Malifaux, I settled on Malifaux due to the interesting card rather than dice mechanic they have.

So I did a little research, and after following a few characters, I decided to dip my toe and try buying a single model to paint and learn and basically focus my army around.

I decided on Nekima, basically a demon vampire.
After buying her today, telling myself at about 6pm I would just pick her up, and look at the sprue...

I proudly present the start of her model 🤣 (ffs Lewis)

Have you guys had any experience with Malifaux?
Hobby Workshop

James #3631

Custom Custom Custom
Ooh very cool mate. Pretty much all and any models excite me ha.
I did look at malifaux but I ended going to moonstone (yet to build or paint them lol) I think for a low model count and I liked the minis more I "think" but I still really like malifaux stuff.
How did you find the build quality and instructions etc
No avatar

ldubya344 #3632

Progress on Nekima.

So far really enjoying quality of models, the slightly larger scale is really nice, as it feels like a much larger model and able to have more detail put in.

There are no instructions in the box, but they are available online. This is my first mini so I didnt really use it as it was kinda basic. But I'm sure I will see them in the future and let you know.
Hobby Workshop