Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Confirmed or fresh from the grapevine, it belongs in here.

pawl #3573

Custom Custom Custom
Looks like high profile releases will now be managed by Queue It to prevent the official site going down, stop refresh mashing being necessary, and maybe even help stop scalpers.

ImageImage
Hobby Workshop

James #3579

Custom Custom Custom
Seems like madness... 😐😐
Must be a better way to keep the site up πŸ™„

pawl #3582

Custom Custom Custom
James wrote: ↑12 Jun 21, 12:19 Seems like madness... 😐😐
Must be a better way to keep the site up πŸ™„
Given that scalpers hammer the site on LE release days (plus real customers too) I would imagine that the effect isn't too dissimilar to a DDoS attack, so I would say this is probably a step in the right direction.

From what I've read all items are 1-per-customer, and once you checkout you're booted from the site and back into the queue if you wish to purchase more than one.
Alternatively you could open the site on multiple devices/using multiple browsers so that you can join the queue more than once - I imagine that scalpers could do this hundreds or more times, but from what people have been saying today the LE items were available for at least half an hour, rather than the usual minute and a half.
Hobby Workshop