Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

slybobs7 #3537

Finally getting some time to paint something and as im reading the book Baneblade felt i had to get this guy up to specs.
DW1986 liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #3540

Custom Custom Custom
Oh these tanks are amazing. What are your plans for it

slybobs7 #3542

it is going to be a dark angels type tank, so far its based in angel green army painter and I'm working on all the grey seer painting and I'm going to accent the guns with a dark red.

James #3544

Custom Custom Custom
Very cool mate. Are you thinking about any weathering techniques on this? Some mud and rust would look epic.

slybobs7 #3547

I would like to do wearher, but I don't know how to really do that. Something I would have to learn before I attempt it. But I also don't want to leave it clean looking it's not fresh out of the factory.
But here is currently what it's looking like now.
James, Lovecraft0110 liked this

pawl #3548

Custom Custom Custom
Hey sly! I should really look at your lore topic again, don't think I responded to your last reply!

Best advice I can give me don't try and do it with acrylics! Brown paint is not going to be your convincing mud, no matter what you do with it! Pigment powders and oils or enamels, however, will work wonders! I'm sure that @Lovecraft0110 could offer some advice - I'll give him a kick on discord tomorrow, send him this way 😁

James #3549

Custom Custom Custom
Yep I'll second what Pawl is saying.
One thing to safely utilise the above you'll need to be able to varnish your guys (rattlecan or airbrush is fine). This is so you can seal the oils/enamels/powders in, otherwise you can rub them by touching.
Pigment powders are possibly the easiest to use and a definitely a 'gateway' product to the world of weathering, check this out for a few different ways to use it but there is more specific stuff out there too.
slybobs7 liked this

Lovecraft0110 #3550

Custom Custom
slybobs7 wrote: 27 May 21, 22:20 I would like to do wearher, but I don't know how to really do that. Something I would have to learn before I attempt it. But I also don't want to leave it clean looking it's not fresh out of the factory.
But here is currently what it's looking like now.
Hi Sly,

I would recommend sponge chipping and an enamel wash as the first two weathering techniques to learn. Both are easy and won't require a big investment of either time or money.

Let me know if you would like some pointers.

Regards,

Lovecraft0110 a.k.a. The Race for Terra
slybobs7 liked this

slybobs7 #3551

Looks like ill be looking for a sponge, also washing the tracks in Agrax Earthshade do something similar?

pawl #3553

Custom Custom Custom
Have a proper watch of this video:

In it @Lovecraft0110 shows one of the uses of an enamel wash (one that would definitely be of help to you), and also explains why using oils or enamels can often be better than using acrylics like Agrax. =]
slybobs7 liked this
Hobby Workshop