Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.
  • No avatar

James #3365

Custom Custom Custom
What have you guys made from sprues?

Ive just made a ladder/platform. I think itll look quite good once painted.
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3375

Custom Custom Custom
Mostly rubble 😂

Are you going for a wood colouring? If so then you might consider sharpening some of the ends into points - not sure why you would need your ladders to be sharp, but anything can be a weapon if you try hard enough!

James #3378

Custom Custom Custom
Doh. I had already painted it before i saw this!
But next time, yes I'll make it more "stakey"
Based and drybrushed. Those makeup drybrushes are a god send.
No avatar

ldubya344 #3382

@James

I have some experience with using sprues to create terrain, my personal favourite is to use them for bricks, i have some cherubs based with sprue bricks, Bugmansson's table and wood flooring is also made from sprue, as seen below.
For wood i would say remember that it splinters and has crevices, these can be simulated by a knife stabbing and scoring along the sprue. For more info on how to do this, i would recommend looking at GW printed wooden planks and they will tell you how it looks like, maybe some pitting as well to simulate knots could be cool, but im not sure how to do that myself.

Also, Castle Spruestein is a worthy mention of an entire project made from sprues, although i wouldnt recommend it, it was long, sometimes getting high from the super glue, and very messy! :joy:

James #3391

Custom Custom Custom
Great ideas there. I didnt really think about it too much just wanted to throw some stuff together as quick as poss but If i do any more ill look into more woody effects.
Look forward to seeing castle spruestein get painted.
Hobby Workshop