Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!
  • No avatar
No avatar

Pharia #2619

Right here are a couple of pictures of my astartes so far. :D

Theyre all taken with a mobile phone and im rather new to the whole idea of posting pictures of my work :P
Last edited by pawl on 03 Feb 21, 18:31, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Double post
Hobby Workshop

James #2621

Custom Custom Custom
They look awesome mate! Chaplain especially is great. Good job.
Nice pyjama bottoms too 😂

Have you used primaris upgrades for them?
If you want a cheap lightbox i have this one from eBay. Can be obtained for maybe 10 euros if you don't mind a wait from China.
https://www.thewarpstorm.com/topic215.html
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2623

Used primaris upgrades for the sarge. Swapped hes head for a more raven guard look. And transfers ofc ;)
Ye really happy with the chaplain:D Nd they are beasts aswell on the table it seems. Atleast for the moment in my games.

pawl #2629

Custom Custom Custom
These are really nice @Pharia, even if the Raven Guard are a bunch of moody teenagers 😜
I assume you have the full Indomitus box? Any older units or plans to expand once you've finished them? =]
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2630

Right so I have 5500 points of space marine where 4000 of them are old school marines. Couple of land raiders lots and lots of rhinos and predators a couple of dreadnoughts and lots of tactical some devastator some heroes and terminators. All of em look like crap :p haha I've noticed you had a really good thread on stripping the models. I'm gonna try that out for the worst ones :p but ill leave one just to remember my early days :d

The only new marines I've got is from a shadowspear box. The libi phobos style, shrike new marine and an impulsor. Other than that it's all old school marines :D planning on getting some intercessors and expanding the bladeguatd and eradicators to full squad since. Allso those new bladeguard models are just så ufattelig vakker!!! Theyre looking really good is what im saying..... me wants em!

And hahaha @pawl ye dunno why they made em emo marines when they're lore style in combat is just awesome:p real spec ops dudes instead of just go ham Arnold and co in predator movie style spec ops :p
Last edited by pawl on 03 Feb 21, 21:20, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Triple post

pawl #2634

Custom Custom Custom
Would love to see them all together! Any classic plastic, or are they all the current sculpts?
Stripping is surprisingly easy, if you're looking to give them an updated paintjob. =]
(I really should go back and update the guide, but I have to finish getting the board built first I think!)

Nothing wrong with old-school! I'm saving my Marines until I have an airbrush, but I've got a small collection of firstborn and classic tanks in need of some love!

I don't think the plastics help with the emo look at all! 😂

James #2638

Custom Custom Custom
5500!? Lets have a look 😂😂
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2639

Right pre shading of the white ofc... but im thinking this will be the color scheme. The red on the shield to blend them together with the rest of the army. The white because that's what mine have. But the black bracers to tone it down some and its an extra piece of armor given just to the indomitus gang so I'm guessing they're all primed black and given out in big numbers. I'll post when the finished product is done. I'll check out that picture/lighting box James
BTW names Tor-Erik here since I guess your irl name is James ;)

I'll try sometimes to stack em all up for a picture in the not so far future :p
Last edited by pawl on 04 Feb 21, 11:40, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Double post
pawl liked this

pawl #2644

Custom Custom Custom
Looks good! I love that you're trying freehand on his tilting shield - I was never brave enough! Some new brushes for detail work might change my mind though.
Did you do any research into RG markings, or are you just kind of winging it?

Even though a Marine's armour is (relatively) mass-produced it's still a highly revered piece of kit. The recipient would ensure that proper colours and markings are applied; either by his own hand, his serf's, or that of a Techmarine or armourer. Just a little thought. =]
No avatar

Pharia #2653

That one there is right from the sm codex. Ill try something else on the other two but ill do some research first. The lower part (dropplet shape hopefully will be a raven skull in the end:p here's me hoping :p while I'm typing... James did you get my message?
Hobby Workshop