Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

DW1986 #2496

Custom
Hi all :grinning: officially saying hello after spending a day on here and really enjoying the community so far!

I've been a fan of 40k for about 25 years now, but have only seriously gotten into the hobby in the past year. I initially caught the bug as a kid when my parents got me the 2nd edition set for xmas, but of course I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and me and my cousin resorted to throwing the dice at each others models and whichever ones fell over were dead :laughing:

So, at the request of my wife to get a hobby after a spending far too long staring at the tv, I decided to give 40k another shot, via Kill Team, which I thought would be a more manageable (and affordable!) way to get into the hobby. A year on and I've got almost 3000pts of Death Guard, and have played far more games of 40k than I have Kill Team :grin:

Obviously, I'm MASSIVELY looking forward to the new codex release tomorrow and spreading the grandfather's gifts on the tabletop as soon as we are able to again!!

Aside from Death Guard, I've also started a side army of Chaos Space Marines, continuing my love of all things heresy! They are also aligned to Nurgle (The Purge), but allow me to bring some of the more cool toys that you can't bring under pure Death Guard.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing projects and ideas :smile:

Thanks also to James for inviting me!

Dan
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2501

Custom Custom Custom
Hello, good afternoon, welcome, and hello!

I recently picked up some models from that box, takes me back to painting them (very badly) in my friend's porch! 😂

@James will join you in Codex excitement, I'm just here for the modelling, but you seem to have that down pretty well too! Once I've finished hammering the site into shape I'm hoping to get some work done on my own DG! 😁

Any plans to branch out into less heretical plastic, or are you firmly on of the Big N's grandchildren?

DW1986 #2505

Custom
hahahaha I am less heretical when it comes to Kill Team, I have 4 teams:
Deathskullz Orks
Space Wolves
Deathwatch
aaaaaaaaaand Khorne aligned fallen Space Wolves :grin:

pawl #2506

Custom Custom Custom
All in a year? Very impressive!
You need to convince James that keeping his Space Wolves is a good idea, I think. 😁

Axineton #2508

Once the lockdown and pandemic are over, the club I go to on a Thursday night should reopen if you ever want to come along. I pretty much only play kill team up there. I run Death Guard, Deathwatch and GSC in kill team and I’m gonna venture into Harlequins too.
The club is in Havant but they’re a great bunch up there especially my kill team crew.

James #2511

Custom Custom Custom
Welcome in @DW1986 really nice to have a sevenfold brother here!!

Noo dont stop me from selling them 😂 i want to replace them with custodes and moonstone lol

Ive also got CSM stuff ready to be painted after death guard is done.... if that ever happens.

DW1986 #2518

Custom
@pawl well, it's amazing what you can achieve when everything is shut and you can't go outside 😅 although slight disclaimer, both of my wolf teams aren't painted yet

@Axineton that'd be awesome! I'm in Southsea but I drive so Havant is no problem. I definitely need to brush up on kill team, I forget how different the rules are, especially compared to 9th 40k! Looking forward to the pariah nexus reveals tomorrow...

@James what brand of CSM do you run? Are they Nurgle as well or have you gone for a different god/undivided?
Axineton, pawl liked this

Axineton #2520

I’ll let you know when it reopens. There’s a couple of boys that come from southsea too

James #2527

Custom Custom Custom
Well they are all grey plastic so far. Cos I'm a slow ass painter. Hence why i wana sell my 2k plus swolves army cos primaris are dull and I'm never going to get round to painting them lol.
But the plan (in 8th) was to run a detachment of alpha legion possessed bomb. So i have a bunch of regular 30k marines and possessed. And a few hq guys. Dark apostle and master of possessions. All unpainted lol. Not really considered what im doing with them since 9th has made soup the starter you dont order heh
No avatar

Mechanicuss #4314

Yello
Hobby Workshop