Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Death to the False Emperor!

DW1986 #2475

Custom
Here are some of my more recent inductions into the Grandfather's service. I have a fair bit more, but need to get them under the lightbox for some pics first! :grinning:
Hobby Workshop

James #2476

Custom Custom Custom
Hey Dan!
These look awesome mate. Really grimdark!!!
I like the subtle conversions too. The different head for the DP is very cool. What did you use for the drone?
Nice to see some of the series 3 heroes too 😀😀
Also. Is that the gw hero base for typhus? Its a good fit!
My fave is either the dp or the rapier battery!

DW1986 #2477

Custom
Thanks :smile: lashings of Agrax Earthshade definitely go a long way to help them look suitably disgusting hahaha
The drone guns are actually some arms I got for free as part of an order from Spellcrow. I've got three drones so I use this one as a proxy for the FW Greater Blight Drone
I've got all of the series 3 heroes :grin: only painted the champ so far though
Yes, that's the hero base, I got the set and then never bothered to use them for ages haha
My personal fave is the Noxious Blightbringer, I just think it's such a cool looking model, happy to see he might finally be worth bringing thanks to the new codex!

James #2478

Custom Custom Custom
It works really well. Ive heard some good things about spellcrow from Pawl. I would quite like to get a proper greater drone but too pricy!!!

NBB is really good. Nice texture on the bell too. Ive not seen much about his new rules? But he was awful in 8th for sure 🤣

pawl #2480

Custom Custom Custom
Lovely work @DW1986, utterly vile! 😁 (also hi!)

How did you find the Spellcrow stuff to work with? I've wanted to place an order for ages, but I simply don't have the money for the amount of bits that I want! All the reviews I've seen are really positive though.

Have you ever considered trying enamels instead of the Agrax? James has had fantastic results with them.

DW1986 #2482

Custom
Hi Pawl :smile: and thanks!

The Spellcrow bits have been great so far to work with, good quality and holds paint really well. The heads on the quad heavy bolter crew are also from Spellcrow. I was blown away by how much free stuff they gave me! The only problem atm is that they've said they can't deliver to the UK, hopefully that'll get resolved. I was lucky to get my order in just in time.

I've not tried enamels no, be interesting to see how they compare!

pawl #2484

Custom Custom Custom
Their range is stunning - their Ork heads in particular I could spend a fortune on! Although I've never been the biggest fan of their massively-jawed marine heads.
I'm fairly certain I've heard that they're able to ship to the UK again, although I don't know if any changes will mean that UK suppliers will be increasing prices/reducing discounts.

It's worth having a look at some of James' WIP stuff to see it going on. Similar or better results, and really controllable compared to acrylics. They suit DG really well!

DW1986 #2486

Custom
Ah that's great if they are back to shipping again, I'd definitely like to get some more stuff from them. I'll check out the WIP section 🙂

James #2487

Custom Custom Custom
I was just looking at spellcrow actually. The plague wings. Talking to Dan has made me want a greater plague drone but i dont wana pay the price lol.. those wings look perfect!

This is a cracking video to see the results by our friend @Lovecraft0110 😀
The real advantage of your enamels is that you can play with the effect for a several hours before the enamel cures. Meaning you avoid tide marks and stuff. I use both acrylic and enamel washes in my painting. Love em both 😀

DW1986 #2551

Custom
Got some of my older models under the lightbox!
Lord of Contagion with The Ferryman's Scythe
Helbrute, converted from a Venerable Dreadnought
Plague Marine Champions
Plague Marines in various flavours! I still have 10 more to paint 😅
Death Guard Possessed
Hobby Workshop