Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
  • No avatar

James #2339

Custom Custom Custom
As part of the commission my friend also wanted some warp gates doing and got me some cool objective markers!! Super impressed with the prints.
Bad pic trying to find some unprimed stuff.
But I've got the warp gates ready to try a marbling effect with baby wipes. The blue will be veins showing underneath in the end!!
Next step will be to wrap the whole things in baby wipes and then spray grey over the top. Excited for it.. altho getting a baby wipe on that may be hard... may need to do it in stages possibly. Thankfully i have a bag of baby wipes that dried out so plenty to try with.

Also the objective markers are like weird floating lightening plants.
Quite happy with my progress trying to emulate them. Need to brown the earth and then gloss varnish and use some enamels on it
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2343

Custom Custom Custom
Really excited to see how your marbling comes out, love the effect!

For your plants I still reckon it's worth looking at flourescent yellows, too. Possibly even after you wash them, to really bring focus to the light. They're really translucent, so need a bright under colour, but I think it would make a massive difference.

James #2345

Custom Custom Custom
Me too. Also super nervous haha. I hope i can figure an effective way to do it 😢😢😢 maybe do in two seperate stages. May try tonight!

You may be right. Ill do another brighter layer and we'll see. Could do with not needing to invest in more paints tho... Erebus!!!!

pawl #2350

Custom Custom Custom
Did you manage to get it wrapped?

Even a touch of white to layer again would brighten up the lightest parts. Maybe a very light application of the white ink, focused on the centre?

James #2355

Custom Custom Custom
Ha nope i did the bottom and gave up 😂
Ill try next airbrush session which will probs be the weekend!

Good idea!!! 😊
pawl liked this

James #3122

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to paint up the base brown of these and drybrush them a bit for some quick highlights.
I will probably gloss varnish from here and then i think the new oil paints i got will be perfect for a wash here.
Debating about sticking these on little bases too.. 🤔
Pharia liked this
No avatar

ldubya344 #3130

I'm currently getting this bad boy printed.

Raging heroes centrepiece terrain to go with the vampire releases on their Patreon this month.
Been quoted £50 for the print job, and £10 for the files, came supported with loads of vampire minis.

Can't wait to paint this bad boy up and make it the centrepiece for my sisters display. 😁

Note, example image, not actually mine, but it will be identical.

Raging heroes promo image

James #3131

Custom Custom Custom
Oh mate this is awesome. Whens it due!?

Was speaking with Dan about the raging minis stuff. You considered using them to bolster your sisters at all?

James #3180

Custom Custom Custom
Did some nice and easy oil washes.
Worked really nicely. Burnt sienna and burnt umber mix inside the ball recesses. Burnt umber on the detailing on the outer balls. Lamp black and umber mix on the brown base.
Calling them done. Fine for objectives.

@DW1986 i reckon its something you should look into. Oil washing really seems to prevent coffee staining that you'll get with acrylic washes.
DW1986 liked this

pawl #3199

Custom Custom Custom
Where do you go for prints @ldubya344? In the near future I've got some KS STL files on the way, but no printer.
Certainly an impressive piece though, will make a nice photo backdrop if nothing else. 😉

As easy as working with enamels James?
Hobby Workshop