Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2297

Custom Custom Custom
Finally got off my butt and started painting this weekend just as it became monday....
Scary liquitex ink black lining
So far so good. I have realised after watching the comic vid tutorials that they arent models that will look great close up just will look good from a distance ish 🤣
But yeah mostly liking it, exception being the face... may have to patch that up or redo..
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2300

Custom Custom Custom
Looks perfectly fine if you ask me! Don't forget that photos are often less flattering than seeing something in person 😂
Would a little bit of colour, maybe redefining the teeth/lower lip/ear and maybe a little shade at the back help with the face?

James #2301

Custom Custom Custom
Haha you are very kind. I think hes kinda awful 🤣🤣
I do like him but i think hes pretty crap lol.
Ive done abit more to the face. It was more my initial lines were far too heavy!
Bunged a load of agrellan earth around the scenic base. Should be able to make that match all being well. Need to black line the pink bits. And then probably done.
Had abit of disaster with the inside flesh cape ha. Thought of this will look good and then like had to make most of it black 🤣
I'm quite happy with the armour sections i think the effect ive got there is good... but i struggled with all the other stuff this model has going on.

pawl #2304

Custom Custom Custom
Ridiculous though the sculpt is I'm starting to like the face 😂
Are you going to ink the base/earth too?

So I actually didn't notice the inside of his cloak at first. What on earth happened?! 😂 with a couple of layers it'll be fixable though, brown covers quite well!

James #2306

Custom Custom Custom
Haha with the black lining he kinda reminds me of the burger burglar from mcdonalds now 🤣

Yes it will be black lined where i can! Just needed to let it all dry.

Yes i guess i can fix the cloak. I tried to do a line down the cloak... but looked awful.. so i tried to correct and then made it worse haha

James #2309

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks @Karak Norn Clansman ! That was actually really easy... its not amazing but not bad for 5 minutes. Couldn't be arsed airbrushing anything fancy.

Calling him done. I'll do his pics here as i dont think hes deserving of showcase lol
I think he looks kinda cool from side front. Ive done well on the armour i think but in hindsight the "spoof" guard lord of contagion was a challenging choice for first attempt as hes got so much going on.. if i could be bothered doing regular marines this style could be more effective. But hey hes done so i can move on to more exciting and hopefully satisfying things!!
Hobby Workshop