Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2248

Custom Custom Custom
Been a busy evening.. and i have been rushing through the steps a bit quick but i think ive git away with it.
Primed yesterday.
Undercoat of rust orange from secret weapon.
Varnished.
Two thin ish costs of ammo scratches.
Then top coat of darkened weatherd wood secret weapon paint and then tried to highlight some bits but not sure it's really worked overly well but the chipping is the main event with the white armour.
Then drybrush applied with water and chipping done.
Cool to see hair spray chipping method on individual infantry units.
Its not perfect but its good for all thaf done in 3 hours or so.
Next step to block in colours where applicable and then varnish and then enamels.
I like to find a new challenge with most stuff i paint... decided for this it will be some sort of free hand on the lower cloak. Ive seen a few examples.. not sure which ill go for yet... but this could be the one. Totally random but its very cool.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2256

Custom Custom Custom
Tartan? Are you mad?! 😂 I can't say I've a combination I would have expected, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Just might look a little like he's using a blanket as a cloak 🙈

Chipping has come out well though mate, but I'm not sure I can see the highlighting. Possibly just the photos though?

James #2263

Custom Custom Custom
Totally hah. But i think its cool. I may plum for something more like this.
Just want to find a guide or something to follow.

One problem with this paint is its really hard to highlight it.. not something ive really mastered yet. There is pure white on the top but you cant see it now.

pawl #2268

Custom Custom Custom
It blows my mind that people can freehand this kind of thing! I'm not sure I would know where to start!

Will it be more evident once you've started weathering, do you think? The pose might help you anyway - everything below the axe and arms will be naturally shadowed, so the upper portions will appear brighter.
Hobby Workshop