Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #2064

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks! 😁 I'd love to take the credit but the paint did most of the work 😉

That's not actually a wash, it's just the Iyanden Yellow! It pooled a little too much, and by the time I noticed it I had left it too long. I might go back and try to glaze it out but I'm tempted to leave it - aside from the metallics this is still purely Contrast and Glaze!
The head is still on the sprue, haven't decided yet which one I'm going to use.
Hobby Workshop

James #2068

Custom Custom Custom
Haha doesnt the paint always do the work in a manner of speaking. Marco frisoni in his airbrush video said the ends always justify the means in miniature painting lol so who cares it looks great.

Tbf the overall effect is great i probably would just leave it too!!

pawl #2082

Custom Custom Custom
Well yes, I suppose 😂
I've seen a couple of his videos recently, think I need to invest a little more time in him!

It's quick and cheap, and we all know how I feel about that. 😉

James #2090

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah i like his stuff. He's one of the many people that can do the really spectacular skin i want to emulate at some point. Although also watched a sergio calvo vid or two.. and also quite curious. They tend do how id normally approach skin just more colour range but then they seem to go over it with the airbrush at the end but with like a super glaze.. impressive.

Haha whatever you do just dont strip it and start again 😂😂

pawl #2092

Custom Custom Custom
Not a name I'm familiar with, but I'm sure I'll come across them at some point. For now I need to find more time to pick a brush up before I worry about how to stab it at things 😂

No plans for that! 😂 I'll see what I can do about giving him a face tomorrow though.
James liked this

pawl #2103

Custom Custom Custom
It's been raining all day, so no chance to spray anything. No face, sorry! 🙈

I have however been looking up zenithal priming this afternoon, and I may end up making a minor change to how these boys get started...

James #2110

Custom Custom Custom
Guess we can forgive you 😂😂😂
pawl liked this

pawl #2352

Custom Custom Custom
Went to build some Boyz but the Nob sprues were at the top of my Ork box, so now we have some very kutty-choppy fellas.
Lots of bluetack still (gotta love sub-assemblies) but they're shaping up nicely. Just have to decide on a clan - the grots are Bad Moons, but these look more like Goffs to me!

James #2354

Custom Custom Custom
Ah these bloody orks are so cool. Cant wait to see these guys done 😀😀
Hobby Workshop