Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #1793

Custom Custom Custom
So i actually had the airbrush stages of this done a while back when working on the contemptor but had left it to work on properly once big c was done... but then working again and a bit of a heatwave has meant ive been on a hobby hiatus for 2 weeks 😫😫
So finally shifted my regular paints and modelling stuff up with Air brush set up as the kitchen table is now covered in work pc and laptops!
Just as a very quick get mysekf back into just organised my set up and also applied some plastic putty to the mower section as whoever stuck that together did an awful job.
But here's what were working with. Can't really tell from the pics but were some huge gaps. I may need to file down the plastic putty tomorrow.
Plan for tomorrow will be to start correcting the edges of the flesh tone where the mask didnt work so well. Also fixing abit of the green and generally blocking in colours... I've had abit of a lightbulb moment.. and im debating about doing the hover pod sections... dunno what you call them.. jet engine bits... anyway thinking of doing them in one of the colour shift paints... i plan to possibly do my testing off the shifters tomorrow time dependent.
Not really much progress but important to get back into wip
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1820

Custom Custom Custom
Scheme similar to the crawler I assume?
Brilliant opportunity to try out some blood effects I think - any irregularities from the putty could easily be passed off as more solid remains 😈

James #1834

Custom Custom Custom
Yes thats the plan. Except i will use enamel washes with it and probably some streaking effects 😊
Haha yeah thats what im thinking... dont think itll be noticeable if its not perfect anyway. Saw someone had put some razorwire around the saw too which i may copy 😁

pawl #1836

Custom Custom Custom
I quite like the Secret Weapon razor wire - it's actually shaped (and sharp!) rather than just twisted wire. 😉

James #1837

Custom Custom Custom
Ooh thats very nice. But ill orobably just use some of the stuff i used on the helbrute. Its more just barbed wire but think itd be fine!!
pawl liked this

James #1871

Custom Custom Custom
Finally managed to sit down for ten minutes and do a tiny bit with the brush.
Just touching up the green where ive had abit if airbrush over spray. And fixing the edges of the flesh. Basic stuff at the min. Just good to be getting over my painting block.

I think im going to use one of the shifter paints on the 3 hover jet things and the mower section. Im thinking the green violet Vallejo one will be best. Or any suggestions welcome!

Also i know the flesh looks pap on edges atm will be blending abit more later.

pawl #1874

Custom Custom Custom
Green/Violet could work, I think 👌 I say give it a go. Worst case scenario you're not a fan and have to give it a quick bath, but a bit of experimentation never hurts!

James #1877

Custom Custom Custom
Well i have to say.. i love the green violet! It went on so much better than the bases.
However i think at the moment it looks dumb on this model haha. But i think ill persevere.. maybe with some enamel washes itll tone it down... and if not i can always hit it with a silver over the top. But overall im excited for other projects with the shifters now. I was abir unsure after the bases so that is a result.

Also had more mad issues with the mask melting. Its not even warm today. @Lovecraft0110 i wonder if this is because im lumping the mask on so heavily...
These two pics are first after putting on and 2nd maybe an hour later. See how much more is touching the base.
Anyway i think AK are going to send me a new one.. hard to tell exactly with whats going on.
The worst bit is look at the claws poking through on the 2nd pic middle right lol

James #1900

Custom Custom Custom
Started blocking in the colours. Ive forgotten how much of a headache these things are. Crazy amounts of difficult to reach detail and having to constantly refer back to gw pics to see whats meant to be what colour...
Definitely in the look naff stage before washes and highlights are applied... but we're getting there.
Hobby Workshop