Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For anything else unrelated to the hobby.

pawl #1359

Custom Custom Custom
Axineton wrote: 19 Jul 20, 07:57 @pawl no can’t say I’ve ever heard of it. I don’t watch the four terrestrial channels haven’t done for years. Only Netflix and amazon really oh and Apple TV too now and again.
If you're bored and have nothing else it's worth wasting a little time on. =]
Hobby Workshop

Stephen #1477

Huge fan of Black Mirror, there is a new series but its been pushed back due to this worldwide unplanned holiday pandemic.
The Leftovers was another series that grabbed me, Luther too.
I like Lennie James in a number of roles, and anything with Denzel Washington too, from classic titles like Training Day on to his newer works.

Haven't found anything truelly gripping for a while yet, just more mundane time-fillers, so your inspirations are greatly appreciated.

James #1482

Custom Custom Custom
Definite bump for black mirror it's excellent!!
Training day is a great film too. I didn't get sucked into Luther. I wanted to. But I watched the ones where they are trying to catch the ex soldier who's like killing people on the internet (vaguely recalling).. But it just made me so mad cos it was basically just Luther and his pal were the only people working on it. Totally unrealistic .. lol
Did you watch "the boys" on prime? That's awesome too.

Stephen #1484

To be honest I try and distance myself a little from reality a little when it comes to anything on the box, there's so much thats so far removed from everything. Just take it with a pinch of salt, that and I think my other half has gotten bored of me saying "well that wouldnt happen".

Haven't heard or seen of The Boys but I'll put it on my radar, thanks! :grinning:

James #1489

Custom Custom Custom
Haha I get you. Can't really talk about realism when I play 40k 🤣

Its good. Think what if super heroes weren't very nice and were all sponsored by Pepsi etc.

Axineton #1514

Started watching Dark on Netflix this week. A German show about time travel and it is excellent! Watched the first episode in German with subs but then tried the English dub on the second and stuck with that throughout. Well worth watching if your into sci-fi peeps. I’ve done 6 episodes so far.

Stephen #1523

I'm not so bothered about subs, but dubs annoy me, can't get past the mouths not saying the sound I'm hearing.

Only downside is the gf hates subs, and ai only really watch tv with her, otherwise there is a game somewhere with my name on it :joy:

James #1528

Custom Custom Custom
I watched first episode of two of dark and really liked it.. But same as @Stephen generally watch stuff with the Mrs and she will be too terrified to watch that!!!

Thinking of dubs/subs. Netflix show called kingdom (think a 2nd season has recently come out) it's like a medieval setting in China or south korea but with zombies. It's really well done.

Axineton #1542

Finished the first series and wow this is shaping up to be the best thing I think I’ve ever watched. Loving it. Gonna start on series 2 tomorrow.

Yeah I’ve seen the first episode of kingdom but not yet watched anymore.

James #1893

Custom Custom Custom
Just started watching high score on Netflix. Very interesting all about the rise of video games etc. Think for most there will be a strong correlation between tabletop and video gaming. Definitely worth a look!!
Hobby Workshop