Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #1712

Custom Custom Custom
Like these? 😁 There's some old-school SW there too.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1713

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI found five minutes to get the first assembled Orks primed. When I can find/make space to paint I have a whole load of new contrast stuff to play with, too. 😁

(it's not much, but every little helps!)

James #1716

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: ↑09 Aug 20, 23:37 Like these? 😁 There's some old-school SW there too.
Haha wow. Love the captain of the 9th!! And also i got that dreadnought in the box from dads. Wonder if it's worth anyrhing.

Orkies look great btw. Making me want to start an 8th army!

pawl #1720

Custom Custom Custom
I have the original, and the updated versions 😁 not sure how to use them though, waiting for Primaris lore to settle a bit.
The old metal one? Absolute unit that thing! Not watched any recently though, don't know what they go for.

I'm hoping to get some colours down tonight. Seen a couple of things for flesh variation that I'd like to try out.

pawl #1723

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI managed to squeeze in a quick 20 minutes, and 4 of the boys now have some skin colour!
Originally I was planning to vary their skin tones a little, but I think I'm going to just find one I like and stick to it (I have a vague idea for weird colours later). Turns out Ork Flesh is quite strong, but maybe not what I'm looking for.
Other lessons learned: check your orders before submitting them (or "I forgot Biel-Tan Green, and I think I really need it"); Skeleton Horde would make quite a good human skin colour; Contrast paints are still kinda good!

James #1724

Custom Custom Custom
Is ork flesh the contrast one?
Makes me so angry when i forget something or when i misorder. Just because of the postage cost πŸ˜‚
How does the flesh look?

pawl #1730

Custom Custom Custom
Yes indeed. Unsurprisingly it's really green πŸ˜‚
However I've seen a Plaguebearer Flesh Contrast / Biel Tan Green Shade combo that looks really good. As a result the paint is on the way. With some boyz. And some grots. πŸ˜‚

I didn't have long, so just some experimental colours for now. New stuff arrives tomorrow, so once I know for definite how I'm doing them I'll strip the others quickly, and by then I'll have plenty to get working on. Should hopefully have enough bits for 10 slugga, 10 shoota, 2 nobz and 10 grots with a herder. 😁

James #1740

Custom Custom Custom
That sounds good. The plague bearer flesh one ive seen before and i think will be really useful.

Ooh nice for herder. Characters for orkies always cool

I got my trolltrader order today. Very nice.

pawl #1741

Custom Custom Custom

Like this ^ Think the skin tone is really nice, and should be fairly quick to achieve. Just need to figure out a slightly lighter variant for grots.

Now I just need to figure out some more names. Grotbag will still exist as a Runtherd, but the guy arriving tomorrow needs a name too. Plus both boyz squads need nob names.

Very nice! All there, nothing missing or broken? Scarabs will strip easy enough, too.

pawl #1742

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI am about to do a quick bit of stripping, but before I do...

Ork Flesh. Very green. Very Orky. Also very nice, but not quite what I'm after.

Skeleton Horde. Again, I think this could work as a flesh alternative. Maybe for the malnourished or mutated? Possibly also a starting point for grots.

Plaguebearer Flesh. Once suitably green-ed this should work nicely. πŸ‘Œ

Edit;
Fifteen minutes later I have this.

My ISO might be really murky but it still does the job! Turns out Contrast is very easy to remove, and the Wraithbone spray was no issue either πŸ‘Œ
(note the gloves - sometimes even I follow my own safety advice!)
Hobby Workshop