Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #1688

Custom Custom Custom
Haha I've tried it once. But had to back out on the earth side cos it looked awful. So its technically SSNMM lol.
Its abit too much but was a fun first attempt. One of those things where you have to get to a point and just say ok im done now.
See if i can find a pic...
I was fairly happy with it. Id like to try again.. but not much death guard stuff carries blades or weapons that itd suit. Maybe typhus' reaper blade or something.

Id like to look at how they do the crazy surreal skin effects with airbrush...
I wouldn't expect to be able to do anything like that but i dont even get the technique or approach
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1689

Custom Custom Custom
That actually doesn't look bad! Although it could also be passed off as the power weapon effects. Either way it's done off alright though! Not sure that anything Nurgle related should be clean enough, mind 😜

The people that can paint to that level (especially skin tones) understand colour theory in a way that I never will!

James #1690

Custom Custom Custom
Haha it looks better now has its got a gloss varnish over it. But i was quite pleased for a first attempt. But yeah not many other applications to try it on atm. Ive got inquisitor coteaz who you could do all in nmm but thats scary.

Haha totally agree... just got not idea with that. Must be alot of super gentle airbrush layering.. but i dont seem to have any control like that.

pawl #1693

Custom Custom Custom
I've never been the biggest fan of it anyway - maybe I'm strange but I like metals to look metallic 😂 for showcase pieces perhaps, but definitely not something I would want to try on a larger number of models!

Stick to the weathering, it looks good 😜
James liked this
Hobby Workshop