Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

James #1397

Custom Custom Custom
Hard to say with the colour shift. I need to get a black gloss and I'll do the review for you guys. With a vid or two as I'm not sure if pics will do them justice.
Have you looked at the new paints gw are releasing for them?

Ooh is in reference to the fallen and stuff like that? Very cool

Yeah certainly not enough bricks for me to do the wall idea.... I guess they are kinda in scale tho... I'll have a think. I love my water effect bases so I may try do something with a burst pipe or something.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1400

Custom Custom Custom
πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm thinking "here's my Dark Angels successor, and over there is a couple of Dark Angels, a couple of Angels of Absolution..."
Just a squad or two from the other Unforgiven chapters. Y'know, to show that they're definitely not Legion-building 😜

I would say it's worth at least stacking them up to see. Dread bases aren't that big. =]
James liked this

James #1429

Custom Custom Custom
Just seen this. May have to do this with my next plagurburst crawler

pawl #1431

Custom Custom Custom
I'm all for this! 🀒😁

James #1435

Custom Custom Custom
Another reason for me needing to drop an order to green stuff world.. you've also given me a real hankering for the leaf presses too. I've been looking around and I don't think Anywhre else would do one small enough. Can get some very cheap ones on eBay but I think they are too big!

pawl #1444

Custom Custom Custom
I still want to find a way to use them!
Fortunately I'm not 100% committed on my base style yet (I intend to keep the same basing style between armies, for a couple of reasons), so I might yet be able to squeeze some leaves in 😁

Don't forget that Element are stocking them now (not sure if they've had their stock delivery yet) for quicker postage and rewards points πŸ‘Œ

James #1582

Custom Custom Custom
Didn't do too much yesterday but I did decide to put together two little guys from indomitus together.
Nice models but I forgot how much I hate push fit. Just doesn't work. I'm trying to cut the bits off where possible!

pawl #1583

Custom Custom Custom
I love that there's now actually a difference in size and 'weight' to the models!

And while I don't like the mono-pose aspect of ETB I've not had trouble with the actual fitting together yet!

James #1594

Custom Custom Custom
Haha yeah it's mad how big the marines are. Maybe the necrons should be abit taller hmm. They look abit puny if anything.

I think I just find it hard cos I'll dry fit it.. fine. Then take it off and try glue it and suddenly I just can't get it in right 2nd time around. Nightmare.
@pawl currently perusing gsw site as think I'm gna order some bits. Any thing you think I should look at? I'm tempted by the leaf cutters... Did you look at the leaf litter stuff... wasn't sure if it was almost the same thing.

pawl #1597

Custom Custom Custom
The Necrons are supposed to have come from 'normal' humans though, whereas Astartes are obviously all a cross between Brock Lesnar and Andre the Giant πŸ˜‚

Yeah? How very odd! I'm actually looking at changing glue brands, as it happens. I currently use Revell Contacta (blue and yellow bottle with the metal needle), but by all accounts Tamiya Extra Thin is the way forward - thin enough that you can hold parts together and then touch the little brush to the seam. Much like using enamels the glue then gets drawn into the join by capillary action, so you don't have to worry about getting the fit right after applying glue. Figure it has to be worth a go!

Leaf cutters look awesome, but I think the leaf litter tubs are made using the cutters, so if you're only wanting one colour (and can't be bothered to go out and find leaves) they may be easier to use.
The rollers (both big texture and tentacle/cable) are obviously brilliant if you can find a use for them.
They do clear plasticard I believe, which might work for glass (broken or otherwise)
There's also blue stuff (I forget its proper name) which you can use (and reuse) for mould-making.
They also do tiny bricks in bags of 500 😜

That do as a start? 😁
Hobby Workshop