Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go... WAAAGH!

pawl #1391

Custom Custom Custom
So I did a little digging earlier, and managed to grab enough bitz to start a small Ork horde. 😁

Currently I have enough parts to make 10 boyz, possibly a classic Trukk, 1 Nob, 1 Burna Boy, and 1 old Warboss (tentatively named Naffgit, as he will in time be replaced by bigger, meaner Orks!).
There's also bits for a second Burna Boy (missing his head) and a second Nob (missing power claw claws and his right arm), which I'm hoping I can find the remaining bitz for.

Tonight I'll be putting the metal in to strip and hopefully be taking sharp and sticky stuff to the boyz πŸ‘Œ

(Trukk not pictured)
Hobby Workshop

James #1395

Custom Custom Custom
Love these guys!!! What are they from mainly? I've been tempted to get the black reach orks stuff when I've seen it come up lol... But I really don't need to start another army... 🀣

pawl #1398

Custom Custom Custom
The Orks are just the surviving remnants of the Ork Boyz box (or "the old box" if it's been updated since the late 90's other than to make it smaller πŸ˜‚)

The Trukk is the old one that first featured in Gorkamorka - https://i.imgur.com/z1bYnAd.jpg

Naffgit is this old guy - https://i.imgur.com/lGAqx4G.jpg

Burnas are here (I found the missing face!) -
https://i.imgur.com/lKA8GVg.png

Nobs are like these -
https://i.imgur.com/D3c1e5C.jpg - I have two different bodies, two power claw arms (one missing two of the three claws, separate piece I could probably make myself), one head and one right arm. The arm I could probably replace with a plastic one, and the head would just need a GS neck.

The metal is soaking, but I got distracted and didn't touch the plastic. Still waiting on Wraithbone spray from Element (held up due to other stock) but that's obviously not an issue yet.

James #1405

Custom Custom Custom
Btw Naffgit. Great name. Go with it!!

Haha gorkamorka. What a game. Wish I had a copy now!!!
The good stuff with the orks is the old stuff doesn't look out of place on the table!!

pawl #1408

Custom Custom Custom
I'm thinking Naffgit is a Blood Axe who reckons he's ded sneekee, but in actual fact he's just really good at being un-orky and not getting stuck in! Which is of course why down the line someone a little meaner will come and slap him out of the way.

Never actually played it but I loved the models when I was younger. And yeah, Orks is Orks!

James #1412

Custom Custom Custom
Haha great story... its cool that the crusade gametype seems to encourage more narrative and stuff. Have you seen any warbosses you like to get? My first game in 40k was against orks and he had the warboss on bike and it was a superb model!

pawl #1414

Custom Custom Custom
Aside from old and new Ghazz there's a few things I've seen. The FW biker boss, the AoS Ironjaw Megaboss might make an alright conversion, this guy too. Theres Kromlech models/bits, Spellcrow bits, and there's no doubt more out there too.

Already have plenty of things I want to try in general. 😁
James liked this

pawl #1658

Custom Custom Custom
Can't decide if you want to be a Slugga or a Shoota Boy? Why not stick a kutty fing on your dakka fing and be both?

James #1665

Custom Custom Custom
Epic. Orks are so cool... just realised i actually have 5 or 4 of them lol. The Mrs treated me to a box before I knew what I was collecting! Just the ork boyz cheapest box but still great minis.

pawl #1670

Custom Custom Custom
These are the remnants of that same box from forever ago! Turns out the newer box has some Nob bitz and the shootas are attached to the arms, which must make assembly a lot easier.
James liked this
Hobby Workshop