Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New boxed sets, useless tools and game-changing paints - come and tell us all about your new toys or where you got them from!

Lovecraft0110 #1210

Custom Custom
Hi guys,

I think you'll want to check this out! I have tried to incorporate your feedback too!

Hobby Workshop

James #1223

Custom Custom Custom
I saw a video of the mighty Mig himself using them and was quite impressed! I'll check the video tomorrow 😊
Do you think these would work well over Metallics.. thinking about the new necrons πŸ€”
Also.. do these work kinda similar to the gw glazes that have been discontinued?

Also I watched your vid on the oilbrushers! It was great. I was going to comment but watching it on my tv means I couldn't add one for some reason. But ammo sent me a free one with my order. So I've got the dust one.. excited to try it out

pawl #1231

Custom Custom Custom
These actually look pretty cool!
Would they work as a brush-on? Obviously if tried I imagine they wouldn't blend so easily as with an airbrush.
I think you hit the nail on the head with "no nonsense, practical reviews" - like the stripping video you showed that it works with no unecessary filler, and as a bonus showed us the varieties and cost. Perfectly succinct. πŸ‘Œ

(I'm also rather impressed you managed to hit the edges of the blue but not touch the white!)

Lovecraft0110 #1249

Custom Custom
James wrote: ↑11 Jul 20, 23:51 I saw a video of the mighty Mig himself using them and was quite impressed! I'll check the video tomorrow 😊
Do you think these would work well over Metallics.. thinking about the new necrons πŸ€”
Also.. do these work kinda similar to the gw glazes that have been discontinued?

Also I watched your vid on the oilbrushers! It was great. I was going to comment but watching it on my tv means I couldn't add one for some reason. But ammo sent me a free one with my order. So I've got the dust one.. excited to try it out
Heheh, the mighty MIG himself...:smile:

I never tried the GW glazes, actually. Thanks for the feedback, man, did you see the where to buy section I did on the Shaders as a result of your feedback and James'? :smiley:

Lovecraft0110 #1250

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: ↑12 Jul 20, 00:38 These actually look pretty cool!
Would they work as a brush-on? Obviously if tried I imagine they wouldn't blend so easily as with an airbrush.
I think you hit the nail on the head with "no nonsense, practical reviews" - like the stripping video you showed that it works with no unecessary filler, and as a bonus showed us the varieties and cost. Perfectly succinct. πŸ‘Œ

(I'm also rather impressed you managed to hit the edges of the blue but not touch the white!)
Heheh, thanks very much!

As a brush on, I'm a bit skeptical, but I haven't tried. Maybe as a glaze?

pawl #1253

Custom Custom Custom
Just wondered if you happened to know is all =]
At some point in the future (read: when I've been back at work for a while and I'm not poor!) I'll be picking up an airbrush, and everything else I can get my hands on, but I always like the idea of new toys now!

James #1255

Custom Custom Custom
The mighty Mig actually used the shaders with a brush I think and got a really nice result. So I think both would work well πŸ˜‚ it looked like he was doing a paint class somewhere. I was looking for scratches effect vids for ammo products I can see if I can find it again if you want to see?

Hehe definitely saw the buying section and also the mention of not requiring masks with this one!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

pawl #1262

Custom Custom Custom
If you stumble across it I wouldn't complain. =]

James #1269

Custom Custom Custom

My bad. It's the filters not the shades!
@Lovecraft0110 do you know the main differences between filters and shaders?
pawl liked this

Lovecraft0110 #1271

Custom Custom
Heheh, I've seen this video like a dozen times. His English is hilarious :joy:

If you mean the difference between filters and the new Ammo Shaders, yes, but it's hard to explain. A filter is a very soft enamel which is designed not to pool, and is used like a filter in photography (hence the name). It's largely transparent and is normally applied with a flat brush in big strokes, but without pooling. I used this in all my Dunkelgrau (German Grey) tanks, with a blue filter - worked great. The Shaders can be used to achieve the same effect, but they cannot be removed and there is some risk of creating streaks, which wouldn't happen with the enamel filters.

Does that make sense?
Hobby Workshop