Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #746

Custom Custom Custom
Haha well done for saving them!!! Looking reallt good. Love the yellow warning lines look really realistic. Good work!!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #751

Custom Custom Custom
Cheers! The whole process needs a little refining still, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. 😁
James liked this

James #759

Custom Custom Custom
A whole army based on that will look fantastic!!
pawl liked this

pawl #2095

Custom Custom Custom
Decided to try a couple more tonight as I had half an hour to play with. Not sure how they'll come out when they're dry and primed, nor how I'm going to paint them, but they're concerns for tomorrow. Need to find something to go with my guard. =]

James #2100

Custom Custom Custom
Good stuff. You can give me some inspiration not sure what I'm doing with Mr Surgeon! Altho i dont know if ill be able prize him off the base or not. Ive got a flat blade that works well but i dont wana damage the paintwork.

pawl #2106

Custom Custom Custom
It's still a little experimental, but I'll bet there.

Do you care about keeping the base? If not just clip it off around his feet and sand down what's left. 👌

James #2107

Custom Custom Custom
Thats a potentially good idea. Ive been able to use that flat blade to do it before(dont know what the name is but its like less than 1mm width)... but it might be good for me to do a more restrained base this time 🤣

pawl #2111

Custom Custom Custom
Like a scalpel blade? If you can get it under then bonus, but you'll cutting through solid plastic if it's been joined with poly cement, so you would have to be very careful with your angles!
If you were to cut close to the foot and file away the remainder then you can at least see the change from black to grey plastic when you reach the model itself.

James #2116

Custom Custom Custom
Cant remember the proper name
Guy calls it a scraper here.
I got it for green stuff templates but ive used to it chop the contemptor arms off and get a few people off their bases before. Just have to be patient!

pawl #2125

Custom Custom Custom
Is that actually a blade?
You could do something similar with Stanley/razor/scalpel blades I think, although grip could be an issue.
Hobby Workshop