Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #4541

Custom Custom Custom
Having been intimidated by this model for a couple of years.... I've finally plugged it as my model for the month 😬😬😬 *heavy nervous breathing*
My plan is roughly deep red for the cloak/robe and then..... Nmm of some kind for the body and blade 🙄🙃 maybe even chrome sky earth nmm 😬
The wife forced me to stop dilly dallying so initial red airbrush layers are down. A gentle highlight was done ontop via brush. Then a dark violet was applied to the shadows via airbrush.
I will next apply deeper shadow into the recesses by brush. And then spend sometime re highlighting.
Fairly happy so far tho. Hard to get a good pic tho.
Once the robes are done, I'll probably do the weapon so I don't have to tackle the body any time soon 😂
Ferd42 liked this
Hobby Workshop

RZA #4545

Custom
Looks good man. I wish I had half the skill you and @the_real_iron_hand I would be a very happy camper.
the_real_iron_hand liked this

James #4549

Custom Custom Custom
Your doing well man. Its all baby steps, patience and finding little challenges each time to improve. You got this! Just keep at it.
pawl, RZA liked this

James #4653

Custom Custom Custom
Finally put down the game boy advance emulator I've been using an avoidance tool for 2 weeks and made a start on the nmm body of the ctan.
First time doing something like this that isn't a blade so it's all abit scary but good so far.
Need to clean up the transitions. The push the contrasts 👍
Pharia liked this

James #4662

Custom Custom Custom
Metal flesh is done I'd say. Could be better but the model isn't the best and I'm happy with it for a first attempt at something like this.
Base is getting ice and snow slush treatment. Only the scythe head to do. Not sure how to do it as of yet. I'm sure something will inspire me.

pawl #4664

Custom Custom Custom
I think he's come out smoother than even you were expecting mate, especially given the sculpt and that it's your first attempt! 😁
If you wanted to really push it I would say that you could take the robe highlights brighter or the skin shadows darker, but I don't think that either is really necessary.

For the scythe? I haven't the faintest idea mate, sorry! 😅

James #4667

Custom Custom Custom
Yeh I'm really happy with it overall. Especially considering the sculpt 😜
Think I'm gna go for the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra on the Cloak and body now 😂
Otherwise have the potential to never finish it and I have so much more plastic to play with.

What do you think about matching the blade to the rest of my necrons blades?
pawl liked this

pawl #4669

Custom Custom Custom
James wrote: 16 Mar 22, 10:22What do you think about matching the blade to the rest of my necrons blades?
That was he only suggestion I could come up with, but at 4am I couldn't be bothered to find a reference picture to try and imagine how they would go together 😂 As a tie-in I think it could work though.
James liked this

James #4673

Custom Custom Custom
Went for a basic black steel nmm roughly using Juan hidalgo tutorial. Fairly happy with it considering that the scythe end is quite poorly formed. That's my excuse anyway 😁
Just snow left to do 👍 so shud be finished tomorrow 😁
Hobby Workshop