Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!

pawl #282

Custom Custom Custom
Plastic or metal James?
I'm actually going to be using one of your tactical Marines to photo for the plastic part! It's quite easy though, as you'll see soon!
Hobby Workshop

James #285

Custom Custom Custom
Plastic in this case!! Haha be so weird to see my old minis being used for a tutorial.
I don't know what this person has done to these guys

pawl #290

Custom Custom Custom
I'm sure you'll be able to get them looking alright!
Like I say, give me a couple of days to get some decent photos taken and I'll have it up.
In the meantime, have a look for some 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and a tub you can seal πŸ‘Œ

James #297

Custom Custom Custom
I think I'm probably just going to flog them. Not that fussed about 30k marines. I got the army as a bundle cos it came with 4 contemptors! Will isopropyl work with metal? I've got an old metal daemon prince who hopefully looks ace on the way but may need stripping!

pawl #300

Custom Custom Custom
I'd give it a go just to see - if nothing else they might work as old-mark Chaos troops. If it doesn't come off you can still shift them.
IPA will work with metal, yeah. You'll likely get better results from pure acetone though, if you can find a suitable container and there's absolutely no plastic parts. It's nastier stuff that IPA so it needs a little more care, but the results are usually better.
Both metal and plastic will be covered in the guide (they're pretty much the same process, just different chemicals), as well as mixed models. πŸ‘Œ just need decent enough photos to go with it.

James #316

Custom Custom Custom
Good idea. I've just a 2nd coffee stained chaos space marine codex turn up and the 30k guys would be some good troops actually!! So I'll await your tutorial 😊
I've also got an old metal daemon prince who will probs need stripping. Will show him off when he arrives!

Stephen #390

JamesH wrote: ↑11 May 20, 22:38 @Stephen is there any primaris you like the look of? I've been eyeing up the eliminators for a while!
I'd have to go back and check. I do know I was quite interested in picking up a Darkshroud, and the intercessors look nice too, but I haven't given it much thought yet.
Trawling through ebay now (thank you [@pawl ) for cheap deals :p

James #394

Custom Custom Custom
That's very cool. I've not seen that before. Reminds me abit the new stuff they releasing for sister's of battle that's very cool
Hobby Workshop