Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #319

Custom Custom Custom
Vague plan?

Cork for height and large rubble.
Plasticard shaped on top to act as 'concrete'.
Vallejo black lava surrounding as smaller rubble.
Have some barbed wire (this stuff - best looking I could find) to play with too.
Paper clips and plastic rod/tubing etc to represent cabling/piping coming from damaged concrete.

Hopefully relatively simple, so that even I can't mess it up!
Hobby Workshop

James #321

Custom Custom Custom
That razor wire looks awesome!! Better than the stuff I got off eBay!
Sounds like it'll be really good. Look forward to seeing pics of it

pawl #325

Custom Custom Custom
When it arrived it looked smaller than I expected, but when it's actually in use I'm sure it'll be spot on. Have been trying to find the stuff this guy uses, but no luck! (yes, that's where I'm stealing the basing technique from! 😂)

James #326

Custom Custom Custom
Haha looks pretty similar to yours. Black lava affect looks good. I've got one of the earth ones in a similar tub and it's great. I managed to do some really nice tracks on a death guard vehicle a while back with ear buds lol

Last edited by pawl on 13 May 20, 13:53, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged posts

pawl #328

Custom Custom Custom
It does, but I just thought his maybe looked a little more realistic. Sent him a message, but no response 😂

It's similar to the GW stuff, just much cheaper. I got 500ml for £13.80 plus postage!

I like the track effect, simple but effective, and adds a sense of realism that's often missed!

James #334

Custom Custom Custom
I found it's alot easier to work with and smoother than the gw stuff. I was lucky to get it in bundle with one of the vallejo water products and a gauzy agent glaze for about a tenner even tho worth around 25. All new I think too. Was a right coup

pawl #335

Custom Custom Custom
Oh, yours is the Vallejo stuff too? Misread your post.
Everytging I've seen about it was really positive, so I thought for fifteen quid it was worth a go. Think I've found a website for plastic and cork stuff too, just need to take the plunge and spend more money.

If you see any other deals like that come up make sure you post it!

James #336

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah I really rate the one I got. Think it's called brown earth. Especially good for bigger bases like that vehicle.
That was an eBay one but I'll defo keep an eye out!
pawl liked this

pawl #370

Custom Custom Custom
So I've been doing a load of googling, and I have two things to try!
The first is maybe easier, and that's simply glazing over the highlights with the base colour of Beaten Purple to bring the highlight down a little a tie it in. I would consider trying to glaze the highlight on but that would take forever for every marine.
If that doesn't work then I've just seen a P3 guide that recommends mixing in Arcane Blue to highlight.
More testing to be done!

James #374

Custom Custom Custom
I find the washing technique a good way to smooth stuff down. Water down your paint loads and then give it a layer can really help smooth the transition. Keen to see your testing
Hobby Workshop